Last night I did something that I probably shouldn’t have. It made my stomach twist into knots. I kept thinking that something bad, something horrible was coming. I kept thinking that it was something that I shouldn’t be doing. That I should stop. But after 10 minutes, it ended up being fairly tame.
Afterwards I called my friend from law school who I knew would back me up. She also has bouts of “The Crazy” and I knew that she would understand. Even though she now has a kid, she assured me that she would do the same thing.
She was relieved to know that it wasn’t anything major. She talked me down as we moved on to what was new with her life.
Thank goodness for good friends.
5 comments:
It is such a blessing to have a friend who can talk away the "crazies". Where would we be without them?
The Crazy. I hate it when it starts to win. No way would I be as sane as I am today without my posse of helpers.
we're all a little crazy - it's good friends who can remind us of that when we think we're the only one :)
"The Crazy"...I love it.
everyone has some crazy. it's o.k. and be so glad to have a great friend who will listen and understand!
Post a Comment