…..AND hopes dashed before I even made it to the store. *sigh* It's just weird. Maybe I mentally gave myself the nauseous feeling, but that is unlike me. At least I don't have to feel bad about the delicious blue cheese I had this weekend.....
In addition to the fact that my body clearly hates me, CP and I received more bad news over the weekend. Remember how I told you about CP’s Great Uncle dying earlier this year? Well, they say that older people tend to pass soon after their spouse and this was no exception. They were together for 72 years and just a few months after he passed away, CP’s Great Aunt had a massive heart attack. They operated on her, but her body couldn’t take the trauma.
CP is a bit worried about his dad. His dad’s mother died about 4 years ago (his father died very young), but he was very close to his aunt and uncle as he and his brother lived with them after his dad died. He basically considers his cousins more like brothers and sisters. But we think that now that his aunt has passed that he is going to have to finally come to terms with all of their deaths.
Funeral is Thursday. *sigh* I am happy that we were able to see her just over a month ago at a family party, but this one is also going to be hard.
11 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear all this! On the pregnancy front, hopefully your body is still just resetting after the pill and it will happen for you very soon. Keep us posted! And, keep an eye out for any changes in your cycle. I definitely noticed that the cycle where I got pregnant was different than the first few cycles off the pill.
I'm so sorry about CP's great aunt. His family will be in my thoughts.
:( I was keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I've always been so interested in long-time spouses that die so closely in time. I know it is really hard on families, but I can't help but think how sweet it is.
Oh crikey, I am so sorry. This trying to get pregnant sounds so easy in theory however in practice things are not cut and dry.
CP and his family are in my prayers.
Oh, I'm so sorry--on both fronts.
I know it took my body a while after going off the pill--not that that's what you want to hear, but to maybe make you feel that you're not alone? I know how hard it can be waiting and hoping...
I'm sorry, too :(
I feel ya on the baby making thing...We tried for a little bit & had to put it on hold so I can get the second part of a root canal done at the end of September (boo). Then I'll have to go through the whole try/wait/be disappointed/try/wait thing again. I know good things come to those who wait, but grrrr...it sure doesn't make it any easier.
Anyway, happy thoughts are coming your way
p.s. it's good to know I'm not the only one obsessively googling things like super early pregnancy symptoms and implantation bleeding ;-)
I'm so sorry!
I am sorry to read about both bits of news.
You and CP are in my thoughts.
oh dear...hang in there..
Thinking about you.
So sorry hon about the family.
And you know what? Been there with the symptoms you swear must be preg. And it's so disappointing.
Bummer about this month. Keep trying, though ... you'll get there. And when you do, just remember that every pregnancy is different. Every single one of them. So, don't get too caught up in what you read. Because, for every person out there who says they experienced one thing early, there will be someone else stating they experienced it late ... or not at all.
Take care of you.
Post a Comment