Boy I have been bad about blogging recently- but I have finally shaked off my various illnesses and I am ready to get back into it!
First up: Operation Lose the Fat A**.
Yep. I think that I have finally come to my breaking point. I’m exercising sporatically (other than taking the dogs for a 20 minute walk every day) and I have been eating like poop. It’s time to stop. Yes I have said it before. But ESPECIALLY with sleeveless shirts and shorts weather coming up I have got to get serious.
As soon as we got back from our vacation I kept with my healthy breakfast: oatmeal, banana, a Chobani yogurt. I started to make salads at home to take to lunch. My only “cheat” on my salad is croutons. Otherwise it is lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, snap peas, and grilled chicken with a light balsamic vinagrette dressing. My afternoon snack is grapes or a sweet pepper with a little hummus. Dinners have been fairly healthy usually with a side of sauteed spinach, swiss chard or lettuce for a side salad from our garden.
I have been training weekly for my upcoming stair race with a friend. Every Saturday morning we head to an outdoor amphitheatre to run the 87 stairs up 10 times (870 stairs- more than the almost 700 for the race). We had thought that it was getting easier, but our first practice climb was this past weekend and boy that was tough (didn’t help that it was the day after St Patty’s Day!). I was in MUCH better shape when I did the Chicago (John Hancock) and Denver stair climbs so it kind of SUCKED. I hope to finish the race in less than 8 minutes on the 31st so I probably need to add some training days into my schedule!
A couple friends and I have joined a weekly body shape up class through our town. Tuesday night we had our first class and it was nice. It wasn’t hard, just a lot of dance/ballet moves using your body weight. But I will use it as my stretch/strengthening day because…..last night I decided that I am going to train for a local 10k in the beginning of June.
The 10k will bring back memories for me because it is where I ran my half marathon last year! I only have 10 weeks to train so I certainly don’t have time to get ready for 13.1, but I have plenty of time to get ready for 6.2! Hopefully I can get some friends to do it with me for support. I’m hoping that my workout schedule is going to look similar to the training schedule I put together today!
Operation Lose the Fat A** commence!!
3 comments:
i am in OLTFA mode here as well!! i am going on a cruise in 3 short weeks and HOLY COW do i not feel awesome about being in a bathing suit right now. there's not a ton i can do between now & then obviously, but i can at least feel better about my body knowing i'm working it out!!
I can totally relate! I am only 5 lbs away from my highest weight ever! Ugh....I have been eating HORRIBLE for months now and I just need to get motivated. I put on a tank top to work in the yard the other day and was sick to my stomach over what I saw in the mirror. I need to join you in the Operation Lose the Fat A$$!!
Good for you, lady! We just got back from vacation and then we got sick and I'm feeling like such a bum since I haven't worked out in over two weeks. We were doing so, so well before the vacation too. Now it's just time to get back in the grove of things. I really should sign up for a race or two to motivate myself.
Post a Comment