Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.28.2012

Worried

Today is Cycle Day 15 and I am worried. I have been using my Ovulation Prediction Kit for the past few days and I haven’t seen the smiley face yet (smiley face means that I will ovulate in the next 24-48 hours).

There are three possibilities for this cycle- two of them would suck, one of them would be great.

Possibility #1 is that I get the smiley face this afternoon when I test. This is very possible as I usually ovulate around this time in my cycle. Once I get the smiley face CP has to head into the clinic tomorrow morning to give his sample. I would then have to head in at 11am to get an ultrasound and get turkey basted. The problem with this is that I have a work event in southern CT all day tomorrow. As in, I am supposed to leave at 7:30am and not get back until after 7pm. That would obviously cause a major problem in trying to get turkey basted. I called the clinic yesterday to ask what we can do if this happens and I guess it takes a few hours for them to ready the sample to insert into me so the earliest they could do it would be 10am. I am going down to the event with other coworkers but this would really inconvenience everyone….or it would result in me not getting turkey basted this month.

Possibility #2 is that I don’t ovulate again this cycle. This would have me really worried. I mean, I did have to take progesterone to force my period after the Lupron shot, but by now I should be normal again right? I was a regular ovulator before my surgery….

Possibility #3 (aka the BEST one) is that I get the smiley face tomorrow when I sketchily test at my work event. That way I can go into the clinic Friday morning to get turkey basted.

Cross your fingers I don’t get the smiley face this afternoon- but get it tomorrow afternoon!!

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

My fingers (and toes) are crossed for you! Keeping you in my prayers.

Lanie said...

I hope it's tomorrow! That would be perfect. And the weekend to rest. :)

Good luck! I'm SURE you will ovulate!

Ginger said...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!