Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.27.2012

Getting into shape


It has been 5 days since I have seen CP.  Currently it just feels like he is away for the week on a business trip.  The only difference so far is that I had to mow the lawn last weekend (not fun people, not fun).  I also stayed busy over the weekend with friends and the dogs so I’m sure that helped.  At least I can look forward to my trip to Chicago in mid July.  CP was just told yesterday that he will have a trip down to Atlanta for work the week that I am flying in- I’m hoping that he won’t stay in Atlanta that entire week!

I’m also trying to keep myself busy by getting back in shape.  I’m sure that it is no secret that I haven’t been exercising much around here.  And my eating hasn’t been amazing either.  So…while I have all the time in the world to myself, I will work on myself and my body. 

First order of business will be whipping myself into shape using 30 Day Shred.  I have tried to do this before and have failed to finish (I don’t think that I have ever made it to Level 3).  My first day was Sunday after I took the dogs for a 45 minute walk and mowed the lawn.  The second day I was a bit sore because I haven’t weight trained in a while….but I pushed through it and felt great afterwards.  Yesterday I tried to talk myself out of it but pushed through that as well.  Today I am going to have to fit in my workout during lunch.  I am DETERMINED to do it every day and look at least a bit more toned come mid July before my trip to see CP. 

I don’t even have to mention that getting back into shape will only be better for any IVF treatments I have in my future.

Second order of business is to eat better.  I am already eating more salads with lettuce and sugar snap peas from our garden.  I currently have a huge bag of swiss chard from our garden in our fridge, just waiting to be cooked.  I also have a bumper crop of yellow wax beans and green pole beans.  With all of these fresh veggies I shouldn’t be hungry for poor food choices because I don’t want anything to go to waste.

I’ll keep you updated on my progress!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Ughhh why is working out so hard? I always commit to it and then let other stuff take precedence.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I tried the Shred once, too. I didn't get past Level 2, either. Here's hoping you do better than both of our last efforts!

robyn said...

Wait just a minute - you don't get to see your husband until mid-July and then he might not even be there!?!
You must be made of steel, because that would kill me.

terra said...

I did the Shred last year and between it and monitoring my calories, I lost 10 pounds and looked the best I've ever looked. It sucks. Jillian is mean and within a few days you start to hate her, but it works.