Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.12.2014

My current obsessions

The Mindy Project
A couple of months ago CP and I ditched our cable in order to try to save some money. We kept the broadcast channels and HBO (for Game of Thrones obviously) and dropped our bill more than $100. We miss Monday Night Football but for the most part cable hasn't been missed too much because we have Netflix and Hulu Plus. With CP being gone in China this past week I decided that I wanted to check out a new show. I had actually seen the first couple of episodes of The Mindy Project when it came out but dismissed it. My sister was always raving about it so I thought I would give it another shot. Well, I am now almost through the second season and I have stayed up way too late this week watching episodes. However, I am totally in love with Mindy's character and think that she is hilarious. If you are not watching this show you should be. 


Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
As an early birthday present after our 5k last weekend, my parents got me a massage. The spa asked if I wanted any tea beforehand and I happened to pick out a hot cinnamon spice tea that I ended up LOVING. I loved it so much I took another tea bag home so that I could mount a search for the tea myself. No need as I ended up finding it at the local grocery store- score! It's black tea so it has some caffeine in it which is great because it is a whole lot more "natural" than a Starbucks refresher (although I do love those) and doesn't have the pounds and pounds of sugar that a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte or a Dunkin Donuts Hot Chocolate would have. 

Mmmm delicious





Booties for Izzy
It sounds sort of funny that I would be obsessed with booties that are for Izzy but these things are seriously awesome. Izzy likes to take off any and all socks as soon as I put them on. We have given up on bringing her in socks for daycare and since she is not walking yet, she isn't required to wear shoes. However, it's 20 degrees out these days and although it's a short walk from the car into daycare, bringing my child in with no socks or shoes would make me look like an awful parent- I also wouldn't want her feet to be cold. The answer? These booties. I found them on Amazon for $8 and Izzy is unable to take them off. They are easy for me to put on and take off AND they keep her feet warm.
Sorry for the small picture



Rainbow Clips
Again, obsessed with something for Izzy? Well when your child has hair as long as Izzy you need to do something with it. Every day it either gets pulled up into a small elastic band or she gets a barrette. I also found these clips on Amazon and they do a great job of holding Izzy's hair back while also staying in place (we take them out before she naps).






Serial Podcast
Finally, is anyone else as obsessed with this podcast? After hearing so much about it I finally started listening two weeks ago. I ran through 9 episodes in three days thanks to my commute into work and long walks with Buster. Yesterday I listened to the second to last episode and I am truly wondering how the podcast will end. There are so many unanswered questions! Personally, I think that although I don't believe that Adnan had a motive to kill Hae, I have no idea why Jay would talk to the police and tell them all of that information if Adnan didn't do it. Although Jay got out of a prison time, he still has a mark on his record. OR Jay is the killer and figured that by telling the police that someone else did it (but admitted to helping the person a little) that he could get off for the major crime and not look like a suspect. But then what is Jay's motive for killing Hae?

I think that the other reason that I am obsessed with Serial is if Adnan is innocent, then he is living my worst nightmare. Maybe I read/watched too many stories about innocent people getting framed for crimes and then going to jail when I was younger but I have ALWAYS been worried that this would happen to me. Then there was the episode where it was mentioned that innocent people are not helpful in their own defense because they don't know anything about the crime and that would totally be me! Not to mention my memories these days is awful. Yep. Worse nightmare.





What are you loving these days??

**As always, I was not asked to review or compensated for writing about any of these products.**

5 comments:

Amber said...

Always fun to see what people are into. Hubby and I are currently watching Lost. We look forward to when the babies go to bed each night and we get to have "us" time to watch an episode. If he didn't have a job, and we didn't have babies that sometimes force me to get up at insane hours, we would stay up way too late watching multiple episodes. We are good though, and turn it off after only one.

JenS said...

I really want to listen to Serial. I love This American Life and was interested when I heard about this new podcast. Now, I feel like in the past 2 weeks I keep hearing about it constantly. I need to download and start listening (though not sure when I will find the time since my current commute is only 5 minutes)

Anonymous said...

YES to the Mindy Project and Serial! And to giving up cable. We did it 3 or 4 years ago and football is the only part we miss, thanks to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon!

Natalie said...

I am also obsessed with that tea! It's ruined me...I don't think any other teas taste good anymore!

Navigating the Mothership said...

I'm very intrigued by that tea and I don't even like tea! It's on Amazon...