Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.09.2009

Why I need to take an SVU hiatus

Why I need to take an SVU hiatus

By Nonsequitur Chica

Last Monday on my second to last day of work down in DC I arrived at my metro stop and got off the train. I walked towards the escalator and could have sworn that I saw a bloody severed hand. I kept staring at it as I made my way towards the exit, but couldn’t quite make out exactly what it was. No one else in the metro station seemed to be checking it out so I decided not to deviate from my usual path. In my mind I then decided that what looked like the base of the severed hand was too clean of a cut for it to actually BE a severed hand, so that I would forget about it.

I also decided that I clearly watched too much Law & Order: SVU this spring while in DC. CP doesn’t like the show so when I was able to DVR that baby while in DC? Oh I DVR’ed the heck out of it. Invariably, USA would play 8 of them in a row at least one day a week, along with a couple of episodes every day. I’m not sure how long that show has been on, but I would say that I have now watched most of the episodes. Yeah they weren’t in order so I would get confused when one day Ice-T was hanging out with Richard Belzer, and then the next day Belzer would have a totally different partner. I also couldn’t figure out when Mariska Hargitay was off having one of her babies or off because she had pneumonia. *shrugs*

All I know is that due to my excessive SVU-watching, I thought that I saw a severed bloody hand in a metro station. I still have no idea what would have looked enough like a bloody hand to catch my attention. But I think that some time off of SVU is warranted. Then I won’t think that I found severed body parts in public transit systems!!

NBC shouldn’t be worried though….I’ll be back come fall for the new episodes! :-)

5 comments:

Christina said...

I knew I OD'ed on SVU when I had a dream that I was a victum and the entire cast was trying to find out what happened.

Amy Jo said...

I once got caught talking in my sleep and when my fiance woke me and asked what I was dreaming about it was SVU....I of course lied to him and told him I didn't remember........he wouldn't understand!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

HA HA HA HA. I'm glad that I am not the only one!!!

Jess said...

But I want to know what it WAS! I do not like being left hanging.

JennyMac said...

haha...my bff loves this show. I have never watched it! She will be happy to know the addiction is rampant.