Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.21.2010

Boo hoo

Unfortunately I have had a large number of spam comments lately on my blog. I have two ways of stopping this:

1. Comment moderation where I have to approved all comments to the blog.

OR

2. Word verification where anyone that wants to comment must put in letters/numbers in order to leave a comment.

Which one would you rather see me implement? Please leave your vote in the comments.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I've been getting a bunch too. I don't like either of those options so I'm just trying to ignore the comments. So far it's working OK.

I'd say word verification is better than moderation, though. I like to see all the comments that have already been posted and if you're busy that day, they won't show up until you get a chance to approve them.

Ginger said...

I'm for word verification myself--even if I sometimes get them wrong and then have to wonder if I'm a robot.

Amy Jo said...

Word Verification...for sure!

Libby said...

I'd have to say word verification, too!

justme said...

word verification!

Typette said...

Word verification -- these days more and more sites are using it, so people are getting used to having to type that stuff in.