Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.06.2011

2010 running

I love my Nike+ sensor for many reasons. Whenever I am running I am able to press a button and find out my pace, distance, and time. But the Nike+ website has a great feature too- it gives me my totals for the year. Here's what I found after logging in today:

2009- I ran a total of 117 miles.
2010- 108 miles.

2009- I ran 3 miles per week.
2010- 3 miles per week.

2009- My average pace was 13:03/mile.
2010- 13:12/mile
(I'm guessing this is because I don't pause my workout when I walk. And sometimes I turn it on when I am just out for a walk so that I know the distance. I try to stay around 10:30-11:00/mile when running.)

2009- 13,934 calories burned
2010- 16,058 calories burned

In 2010 my best month was November when I ran 21 miles.

Clearly I have some months where I run 2-3 times a week, and then I have other months where I don't run at all. I hope to be more consistent this year.

I have already made it a goal to run 30 times by 2/23. Since I made that goal last month I have run 11 times, with only 19 more to go.

I'm not making any resolutions, but boy do I hope to blow these numbers out of the water this year! That is, unless I get pregnant....

2 comments:

Roxy said...

wow congratulations!

Shell said...

That's a very cool way to keep track!