As you may have noticed, I haven’t been talking too much about getting pregnant recently. I throw it into a post or two when talking about the future, but there are only so many ways to say we failed yet again. And I guess when/if it happens it is just going to be more of a surprise, instead of being expected.
I continue to chart so that I can show my doctor what is going on. But my mind is not completely focused on I MUST GET PREGNANT. I can’t change the fact that it hasn’t happened yet. I’m not sure that we will be able to change if it happens in the future. I’ll discuss our options at my doctor’s appointment next month.
This isn’t meant to be a downer of a post. I am intentionally focusing on other things. Training for the 10K. Eating healthy. Continuing to grow the friendships I have made with ladies from my town. Cursing the sky for dumping so much snow on CT this year (ha!). If I don’t focus on these other things then I might go crazy.
Despite the fact that I am not pregnant, I am happy. I still get to drink wine, eat soft cheeses, drink caffeine and run to my heart’s content. And while I wish that things were different, I am enjoying my life as it is right now.
5 comments:
This will be your year. Just continue with life and it will happen. I found out the day after I ran my 10k :)
I'm glad you have a good attitude and perspective about it. It'll happen in due time!! :)
It easier said than done, but I think you are doing the right thing with concentrating on the positives of your life right now.
Think of all the things you would be missing if you only focused on what hasn't happened.
Kids are a total pain in the ass anyway...(kidding...just trying to make you laugh...)
Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I just started reading it since I decided I was tired of taking chemical BC (but don't want a baby yet), and it is really interesting! I think you would really like it.
Post a Comment