Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.12.2011

Bullets

We are trying to dig out of 20+ inches of snow right now, so all I have are bullets!

*Yesterday I was out sick from work because I woke up at 6:30am with a splitting headache. I took two Extra Strength Tylenol and went back to bed, thinking that my headache would get better by the time my alarm went off at 7am. Nope. I wanted to cry my head hurt so much. After calling out of work, I took a Tylenol PM and half slept/half wanted to shoot my brains out because of the pain until noon. NOON! I finally got out of bed, but the headache continued until 4PM. It was awful. I hope that never happens to me again.

*CP received paperwork from his mortgage company regarding his home equity mortgage. The mortgage company sent a 30 yr fixed rate note signed on March 15. March 15 was also the closing date on his condo. The mortgage company ALSO included a noted signed on March 17- that is the 5 yr balloon payment that CP doesn't remember signing. It has been 5 years so he can't remember if he had to sign papers two days after the closing, but WTF??? The whole thing is soooo sketchy. Meanwhile, they want him to apply for a new loan at 10% APR. That's higher than his current crappy rate, and while I understand that at this point it is an investment property and not our primary residence, that is RIDONKULOUS.

*Meanwhile remember that promotion I got right before Christmas? Well, I was surprised when my paycheck was only about $100 more once my promotion kicked in. Well it turns out that HR told my boss that my promotion was approved, but didn't change my title and screwed up my raise. So now I have to deal with that. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon because we need the money!!!

Can someone tell 2011 that I would like this year to get better? NOW???

6 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Just catching up on reading your blog ... and love that I come in on the post where it sort of sums up everything I missed. Shop around for another mortgage, maybe you can do better (but who wants to from afar, I know). And there's nothing quite like deflating your promotion balloon than thinking you're really not making that much more than you did before. Hope that gets cleared up soon!

Ginger said...

Ugh, 2011 needs to get in line for you over there. Hope you get it all sorted soon!

Christina said...

Ugh! Not a good few weeks to start to 2011, ut things have to get better right?

Here is to hoping!

funderson said...

ugh is right! I hate the waking up headache...it's the worst.

Natalie said...

yikes sorry to hear about all of that! Surely things will go up now though!!

EP said...

Yikes. I hope 2011 gets its act together pronto for y'all! (And I feel you on promotion mishaps... I was promoted in August, but didn't get my raise until September. And didn't get my bonus from September until NOW.)