Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.21.2011

Almost the weekend

Wow I feel like I haven’t been at work all week. Monday was a holiday, Tuesday we had a snow/ice closing, Wednesday I worked from home as usual and then today we had a two hour delay because of the new snowstorm that just came through. I definitely can’t complain- except about all of the snow shoveling. That, I am not quite a fan of. At least it is good exercise!

Tonight CP and I will be making shrimp, eggplant and mushroom stir fry for dinner. The best part is that we grew the mushrooms ourselves! For Christmas I found a mushroom growing kit through Gardener’s Supply and gave to CP as one of his presents. Since we can’t grow any other veggies during the winter and our perennial herbs don’t do too much, I thought that the kit would be fun. It promises a couple of large crops and last night we picked our first batch!


Can't get much fresher than that!



Even after picking a bunch we have more growing!


Tomorrow we are headed up to NH to see our friends that are visiting from Guyana. CP and I would LOVE to visit them down there as they are only stationed there for a year or two, but based on our money situation, I don’t think that it is going to be possible. But it will be great to see them and I can’t wait to hear all of their interesting stories!

I have then been promised a trip to the candlepin bowling alley. I think that CP truly believes that he is going to be able to beat me (he grew up on candlepin bowling), but I’m going to try my best to embarrass him. :-)

Do you have anything exciting planned for this weekend?

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I'm jealous that you get "snow delays and closings from work. Here in Michigan they don't believe in that sort of thing!

Have a great weekend with your friends. My older sister is in town so we are going to shop until we drop tomorrow!!

Christina said...

Cool growing kit!

We are renting a van and buying furniture. We have finally decided on what we are doing with or bedroom. I am so happy (I will be happier when we are done with it though)

Stevie said...

Ooooooh, fantastic! I LOVE fresh mushrooms. I'll have to look into a kit like that. Your stir-fry sounds delicious, except for the shrimp part (I'm deathly allergic).

Nothing much going on here this weekend. We're laying low since next weekend will be a big weekend, the weekend after that is the Super Bowl, and then we're going to Vegas!

Jess said...

Wow, those mushrooms are awesome!

No exciting plans for the weekend (other than the NFL playoffs)... unless of course Piglet decides to show up!

funderson said...

COOL! I've gotta get one of those kits.