Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.03.2011

Letters

Dear HGTV,
CP and I love your station. We watch House Hunters, Holmes on Holmes, etc. and have ventured over to the DIY network to watch shows like Yard Crashers and House Crashers for ideas. You also should know that I diligently entered the Dream Home Sweepstakes for over a month and a half. You may even have noticed that I sent in a few postcards too, thinking that they would better my chances. I know that you had A LOT of submissions, but I am hoping to hear from you a bit later this month with good news. A weekend house in Stowe, VT would be super cool!
Love,
Hoping our entry wins


Dear weather,
It is now March. I don’t appreciate the low of 8 degrees tonight. I would like warmer weather so that I don’t freeze every time I walk outside.
Love,
Someone who is sick of wearing huge jackets


Dear Chipotle,
I do love your fajita burrito bowl. Thank you so much for the Buy One, Get One Free coupon on your Facebook page. Free food just for watching the America’s Next Great Restaurant preview? Yes please!
Love,
Someone who loves your corn salsa


Dear Fort Worth,
I just booked a work trip to your lovely city. Well, I don’t know if you are lovely because I have never been there. But because weather.com says that you are currently sitting in the 60s and 70s temperature-wise? I CAN’T FREAKING WAIT. Three and a half days in weather that doesn’t require a large jacket (see above)? I’m already in love. So what is there to do in your fine city?* Hopefully you have some good restaurants downtown?
Love,
I’m totally going running outside while visiting


Dear CP,
I know that I complain that we aren’t taking any vacations and that I am currently DYING from lack of going anywhere but the normal places in the Northeast, but this month? When we were both able to pay $1000 towards our credit card debt? That’s when it makes it all worth it. I hope that we can continue to do that, but know that we have some big expenses coming up (i.e. putting together the garden, the puppy, etc.). We will just have to tighten our belts in other areas.
Love ya!
Will try to stop complaining so much


Who do you want to write a letter to?

*Anyone know anything about the Fort Worth area??

2 comments:

missmitten said...

Dallas/FTW is huge. Like, you would never be able in a million years in 3 1/2 days to see a bunch of stuff.

However, I will recommend some places in the area (not really FTW, more Dallas) and that's the Nasher Sculpture Center, Flying Saucer, and I know how you like your organic food, so if you have a time for trip to Central Market (in Southlake which is directly across from some fab shopping) is a grocery store (that I may know something about ;]) that you will die die die.

The weather is absolutely GORGEOUS right now. We're a littler warmer than DFTW bc we're south, so if you're coming soon, you are in for a treat.

The rest of the year is just hot as hades.

EP said...

I hope y'all win the Dream Home! (Seriously. It looks FABULOUS, and if we lived anywhere around there, we would have applied!)

And while I haven't been to FTW in years, we are eventually moving to Dallas. I definitely recommend trekking over to Dallas for Javier's. It's a Mexican restaurant that is absolutely AMAZING. Try the steak that is stuffed with the chihauhau cheese. Mmmm.