Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.17.2011

iPhone

Last week I was finally able to upgrade my Blackberry Curve to an iPhone. My two year agreement with Verizon was up and it was time to cash in my discount!

Because I already have an iTouch I thought that I knew a lot about the phone. Turns out I am wrong. My coworker also has the AT&T version and told me that the earbuds that they give you are actually a hands-free device! You can use the earbuds to answer phone calls and end phone calls. So cool. I would have never guessed that.

I already have a few good applications. I tend to only download the free ones because you can start to spend a whole lotta money otherwise. :-)

Some of my applications include:

Iheartradio
Nook
Angry birds
Yelp
Shazam
Tosh.O
Mapquest
Weather channel
Daily Show
Urban spoon
ESPN
NPR
Goodreads
Facebook
Wikipedia
ShopSavvy
AroundMe

So here is where you come in. Do you have an iPhone? What application do you absolutely LOVE? Tell me about some more cool features on the phone because I am clueless!

8 comments:

Christina said...

I am getting my upgrade in November and I can't wait! Enjoy your phone!

Amy Jo said...

I hope you love the iPhone. I've had mine a couple years and don't know how I ever lived without it. Here are my fav's but I'm not sure if they are all free...

Netflix, US Weekly, TMZ, W&Y Pages, Sound Hound, Google, Pandora, Making Faces, Mixology, Last Call, RMaker (for ringtones), iPhone Tips-Lite, Froggy Jump, Cut the Rope, Pig Rush, MahJong, Yahtzee, Uno, Pizza Hut, Directv (if you are a customer), Flickr

Have fun with your new device! Happy app shopping :-)

fojoy said...

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't help with the cool features, but a couple of the apps I like are:
Vlingo - like a voice dialer, but works for texting as well
Tripadvisor and Happy Hours - helps to my plan my vacations
Night clock - a digital alarm clock, great for travelling
Mynetdiary - a food calorie/exercise tracker
Enjoy!

funderson said...

I've got nothing for you today... I checked out on the cell phone life a couple of years ago. Enjoy your new toy!

SaneAndSingle said...

Try out Scoutmob, Poynt, and Siri! Those are some that I use the most!

SaneAndSingle said...

Oh yeah, other good ones are amazon and Dictionary.com!!

justme said...

Just got an iPhone and iPad. I love angry birds, hbo go, tiny wings, Netflix!,,

Natalie said...

words with friends! SOOO addicting!