Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.13.2011

Random questions

1. Why is it that the people I see roaring down our not busy suburban street are all of the mothers in minivans with kids in the back seat? The SAME MOTHERS that have a “Drive like your kids live here” sign in their front yard???

2. I understand that people are not as crunchy as I am these days. But why would you get pesticides sprayed on your lawn if you have a dog? I have to keep my dog off your lawn when I am walking her because of the chemicals- but yet you are subjecting your dog to the chemicals every day? I don’t get it.

3. It is supposed to be 70 degrees outside today. But yet I am in my office with cold hands and a fleece on because I am freezing. It’s really just the suite that I sit in that is so cold. The rest of the office is perfectly fine.

4. Why does my throat start to hurt the day before a 12-mile run?? Hopefully I’m not getting sick. The lack of sleep lately can’t be helping things.

5. Why are puppies born with a lack of fear? Buster jumped off our back stairs “Superman style” last night while CP was watering the herbs. The stairs are probably at least 4 feet off the ground. Almost gave CP a heart attack. (Buster’s fine)

What are you wondering about this Friday?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

YES to those first two questions. Turning onto my street from a particular direction always makes me nervous because for some reason people behind me always misjudge how much you have to slow down or something, and almost end up running me over. 9 times out of 10 it's a minivan. Mom in the minivan is tailgating so close she almost rear-ends me when I make a right turn.

Our neighbors just had their yard sprayed. They live across the street and one house down from us, and I could smell it inside my house, with all of the windows and doors shut. And they have dogs. Seriously?

Natalie said...

ugh i can totally relate to the cold office thing. i have to wear leggings under my dress pants its so bad---MISERABLE! my coworker bought me a heating pad this week ha and that's helped a bit!

Christina said...

I am always cold, my husband is the opposite. But my former office use to be freezing that I had my heater on under my desk all year round.

and puppies are just brave and have not learned the boundaries yet. Buster is really making himself at home and making sure you and CP are on your toes. But, you would not want it any other way.