Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.18.2011

Tug

Despite CP’s worries about the urologist appointment regarding his sperm analysis, he came back from the appointment last month upbeat and laughing. You see, the doctor that he saw was in his 70s but referred to CP’s testes as his balls, swore a lot and genuinely made CP feel comfortable because of his casual attitude.

Basically, the doctor told him that a single sperm analysis test doesn’t mean anything. The 4% “good sperm” number is low, but it could have been influenced by something such as a cold several months back. Across the US sperm counts are dropping and no one knows why.

CP was told to go back to the clinic, watch some more porn and give two more samples about a month apart. If both of those samples come back with abnormal results then CP will get referred to a sperm specialist.

Of course at the end of the appointment, the doctor did have to give CP’s balls a tug to make sure they were okay. LOL.


---------------------------------------------------------------

The second sperm analysis results are back. CP's good sperm percentage dropped to 2%. He will go back in a month to get them checked again, but this is NOT good.

While we wait for his third sperm analysis, I am going to call my doctor to find out our other options.

Next month it will be a year of trying without getting pregnant. I think that we are then considered infertile. Awesome (please note my sarcasm).

6 comments:

justme said...

i am so sorry you are going through this..i know that some of the things you've heard have been disappointing to you. but keep your chin up and keep going...you will get to where you want to be.

Christina said...

I am sorry to hear this, it is not an easy situation that you are in right now. However, hope is not lost there are still possibilities,

If you need anything you know that you can email me.

Tia said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get better news. Can they take out the good ones and do IUI? Note: I know little about this topic so that could have been a stupid suggestion!

funderson said...

Good night! I'm so sorry!

Stevie said...

I'm so sorry :-( Please know my thoughts are with you and CP.

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Hello ... I just clicked over to your blog from the Roundup (lovely post) and found myself engrossed in your archives. My husband has low morphology too (2%) and we just hit the one-year mark with little success other than a missed miscarriage - no embryo, just an empty sac - at 7 weeks last January. This post from your past strongly resembles my present.

I wish that you had had happier results since then, but I see from your most recent post that this is not the case, and I'm sorry for that. Nobody should have to wait so long for such an essential dream to come true.

I will be following you and cheering you on as you continue your journey.