Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.12.2012

Exhausted

Turns out getting up at 5am to workout every day this week makes this girl VERY TIRED.

I have been trying to make sure that I get in bed before 10pm but the past two nights have been hard. CP went to a concert Tuesday night as a fill-in for his friend’s sick wife. He didn’t get home until 11pm as I was drifting off to sleep. I was rudely awaken by the dogs who heard him come through the side door downstairs. They immediately barked (something that I’m okay with because a very loud and deep bark hopefully will scare off any would-be intruders) and ran downstairs. A sudden noise like that will send anyone’s heart racing!

Then last night I snuck out of a girl’s night event at 10:30pm so that I could head to bed. Because I was gone for the night, CP headed over to a friend’s house. When he got back at 11:30 he once again woke up the dogs with the same result of my heart racing again.

The result? Today I am EXHAUSTED. I had planned to run today after work but honestly? I just want to take a NAP. A bunch of my friends have come down with bugs this week so maybe I need to take tonight to rest so that I don't get sick? Maybe a run will have to wait until Saturday morning….

------------------------------------------------------------

So this morning I weighed myself prior to jumping in the shower. The first number I got was really high. I got off the scale, let it reset and got on again. Now I was 5.5 pounds lighter than the first number. Ummmm WHAT? I mean, I would LOVE to know how I lost 5.5 pounds in the span of 30 seconds. I’d like to do that more often!!

Maybe my scale needs new batteries??

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, this is my post for the day. My brain is not functioning on a high level right now and I can’t wait to leave work!!

1 comment:

terra said...

Definitely take the time off from a run if everyone is getting sick. It's worth a day or two wait if you don't come down with whatever is going around.