Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.12.2012

He has an interview!

Thanks for your suggestions on Tuesday. According to a chart on Fertility Friend, only 10% of people get a positive result on their pregnancy test at 10 days post ovulation. I decided to call my doctor yesterday to see when he recommended I take another pregnancy test. I was reading* that often times progesterone will continue to extend your luteal cycle indefinitely so at some point I need to figure out whether I am pregnant or not….if I am not then I will need to stop taking the progesterone so that I can start a new cycle. If I haven't started a new cycle I head into the doctor on Monday (16dpo) for a blood test. I will probably use my last (expired) test sometime this weekend.

*on the internet so the veracity of what I read is debatable…

-------------------------------------------------------

CP got an email from the headhunter Tuesday night. The company is interested in interviewing him so he will have a phone interview in the next week or so! This weekend in our drive down to NJ we discussed the possible move to Chicago if CP is offered the job. In the end, it is just such a good opportunity (potentially for both of us) that we can’t pass it up.

If CP rocks the interview, we still have to worry about moving my job. My boss called yesterday to let me know that the Chicago office is actually overstaffed right now. CRAP. So a transfer to the office may not happen. But I am going to contact someone that tried to help me get me transferred to the Denver office a while back (he is actually in the Chicago office) to see if he has any ideas- maybe I could move to a different division? Gotta use those networking skills!

On top of everything else, CP got an ominous email from his company today that there are “going to be drastic changes” because the company is not making enough money. CP thinks this means layoffs so this new job couldn't have come at a better time. There are only 11 people in his company and the boss isn't going to fire himself. Sounds like we NEED this job in Chicago!!

In small world news, I was randomly on a step second cousin's Facebook page (who I see once a year at a family Christmas event if we go home to Chicago) and saw that she works for the company that is interviewing CP! After some messages back and forth she actually works IN THE GROUP and knows the guy interviewing CP and is going to put a good word in for him!!! Facebook IS useful!

5 comments:

Court said...

I just found your blog through the April ICLW list. Good luck on your hubby's job interview! It does look like it came up at just the right time. =)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

It's a big week in your house. Thinking positive thoughts for you on multiple fronts!!

Christina said...

Good luck to you and CP! A very crazy time indeed!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck to your husband!!

terra said...

All the interview news sounds exciting! Good luck to you both!