Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.19.2012

Sleepy pants

Today? Well today I am exhausted.

Yesterday I ran 3.5 miles. It’s my longest run since (ahem) my half marathon last JUNE. Crazypants. It didn’t feel great for the first mile or so, but I ended up settling down and actually feeling good enough to sprint at the very end. My run went well enough that I bit the bullet and registered myself for an upcoming 10K in early June. It’s actually the same race that I did last year- except last year I did the half marathon. I am OBVIOUSLY not in half marathon shape, but I think a 10K is doable. I keep telling myself that I WILL NOT do the 5K race because my pride won’t let me drop down from a half marathon to a 5K in one year. So 10K it is.

After finally getting to bed last night I woke up at 1:15am to Buster walking up the stairs peeing. Yep. I have no idea WTF happened. He was taken out at 10pm like usual and has had absolutely no problem holding it throughout the night since being, like, 5 months old. But somehow he managed to pee in our living room, the kitchen, the dining room, up the stairs (literally on the stairs), in the upstairs landing and finish in our bedroom. After trying to dodge pee puddles I took him outside and he peed even more! WTF.

Groan. CP and I then spent half an hour cleaning up all the rooms, mopping, cleaning the carpets, etc. We were NOT happy campers.

After that it was hard to get to sleep because I was so grossed out. Buster, of course, doesn’t remember anything this morning so you can’t be mad at him. But EEWWWWW.

So yeah, sleepy.

Hope your day is going better than mine!

3 comments:

Tia said...

Ugh! I'm sleepy today due to a combination of the baby trying to slowly kill me via heartburn, and then being awoken by one of my cats knocking over a vase of flowers and breaking it, spilling water all over the counter and floor, then puking up two hairballs. Our pets are lucky we love them!

Christina said...

Ugh, I have been there too except with a sick pup from both ends. Hope you sleep well tonight!

terra said...

I had talk who walked and peed. It was awful trying to potty train him because he seemed to have no idea when he was actually peeing.

Ah, life with dogs!