Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.14.2012

Friday bullets


I have been sleeping on the couch on our first floor the past two nights so that Fuzzy Britches doesn’t have to sleep by herself downstairs, but it hasn’t made for a completely deep sleep.  Because of my sleepiness, you guys are getting bullets today!

·         I picked up FB on Weds night and she is doing better than I thought she would be doing.  I had to lift her in and out of the car and could tell that she had dropped some weight.  I told her that just because she felt fat next to Buster, she should not have created the need for this surgery in order to drop some pounds.  ;-)  For the next two weeks she is not allowed to go up and down stairs (other than the two in/out the front door so that she can go to the bathroom), no playing/jumping/etc., and she must be on a leash at all times outside.  We are to keep her safe by not allowing fast movements.  For now that seems to be going okay.

·         I picked Buster up from the boarder last night.  I guess he was fine during the day while playing outside, but they had to move him to a smaller cage at night because they were worried that he was going to break down the door.  I guess the bigger room reminded him that FB was not there with him and it upset him.  WTF are we going to do when FB dies????  He is going to be so distraught.  Even when they are in doggie daycare together he will play for a while, then head over to FB to check on her and make sure she is okay (awwww).  [Just the thought of this is making me cry at work.]  Once I got him home last night he was very gentle with FB (which is not normal) and wanted to snuggle quite a bit with me (that is normal).

This is how I have caught the two of them sleeping before- Buster needing to get as close to FB as possible (he is on the left) while FB tolerates him touching her.
Buster seriously loves to snuggle.  He is bigger than this now, but still tries to get into this position on my lap as much as possible (and I love it, despite his 80 lb weight).


·         CP was in LA for work this week and took the red eye home this morning.  He will be around until tomorrow afternoon when his flight for England leaves.  Yep, CP’s first international trip for work (England and Ireland) is coming up.  Two weeks in Europe; I am so jealous.  I’m trying really hard to not be too jealous and bitter of where he is going to get to go for work…..  I have to keep reminding myself that even though it is going to suck that he is gone, that I will enjoy the hotel points and airline miles at some point in the future.  And maybe he will bring me something back from the trip!

·         Luckily I am close to ovulating- so we have tonight/tomorrow morning to make something happen this month.  Of course I don’t think that I will actually get pregnant, but I won’t see CP for two weeks so we might as well have some fun before he leaves anyway.

·         Not sure how much home improvement work is going to get done with CP gone.  We were thinking that I would paint a bunch, but I may just want to get the kitchen in order and clean the house a bit….


·         CP and I are trying to enjoy the perks of living near Chicago without breaking the bank.  While he is gone in Europe I will be attending the Cardinals/Cubs game with my sister, her boyfriend, and one of my friends.  I’m really excited because the tickets were free AND they are rooftop tickets- which means free food and beer all game long (my first rooftop game!). (Usually rooftop tickets are at least $100 a game.)  Yesterday I was emailed a special through work to go to a Bulls game, so CP and I will be heading to a game in October.  The seats are in the nosebleeds and preseason, but oh well.  The last time I was at a Bulls game Michael Jordan was still playing….so yeah, that’s how long it has been for me.  Finally, Book of Mormon, a play that CP and I have wanted to see for a while, is coming to Chicago!  We are going with my parents in January for my dad’s birthday.  I can’t wait!

Are you looking forward to anything either this weekend or in the next few months?

6 comments:

Belle said...

I am so relieved that FB is home and recovering. I have been thinking about you all since the post about his surgery. And that photo of the two together is absolutely ridiculous. So. Much. Adorable.

Beer for me this weekend. That's the big plan :)

Anonymous said...

The last time I had free tickets to a pro game it was three years ago and it was a Denver Nuggets game. The best part? Vanilla Ice performed. Awesome.

Amy Jo said...

I can't get over the cuteness in those pics of the dogs! The one of FB on your lap is priceless.

I hope CP has a safe flight and great experiences while traveling. Enjoy your "down" time while he is away. The painting can wait!

Have a great weekend and give those adorable pups some good hugs and kisses.

Anonymous said...

I am SO relieved FB seems to be doing ok! Don't worry about Buster right now-cross that bridge when you come to it!

Since both my brothers (and nephew) and I live in the same city, my mom and step-dad have come to visit for the weekend! I know I've seen them recently, but it means they'll pay for dinner ;)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Tell your friends on that Cubs team that they have no chance this season, but the Cardinals do ... and the Cardinals really need to win this series, so they might as well hand it over to them. Okthanksbye. =)

terra said...

Glad FB is doing well!

My husky mutt loves to snuggle too. She's about 60 lbs, but thinks she's a lap dog. She's also outstanding at being a little spoon while we sleep.