Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.04.2012

Holiday weekend


Overall, CP and I had a lovely long weekend.  I took off Thursday from work to be home while carpet was installed in the sunroom (pictures of the now-completed room tomorrow).  The same day I met with a chimney inspector who ruined my day by telling me that the fireplace/chimney is unsafe for use and we are going to have to completely rebuild it.  Add another cost to the list!

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were spent at my parent’s place in MI.  It was fantastic to relax, have a few drinks, play some golf, etc. with family and not think about house work.  Everyone on my side of my immediate family knows that we are trying and have been for a while.  I made sure to tell my sister after my surgery about the endometroisis because my doctor did say that it could be genetic.  My sister has always wanted kids (even when I didn’t) so I wanted to tell her about the possibility that she could have endo too.  Right now she and her boyfriend are not thinking marriage or kids so it’s not on her radar quite yet…..which is probably why she made some flippant comments about kids/pregnancy/etc.  The comments hurt me and I will definitely have to talk to her about being a bit more sensitive about the subject around us.

It’s amazing how infertility can seep into everyday life even when you aren’t thinking about it.  CP and I were playing Scattegories with my parents.  The letter was P and the category was medicine/drug.  What does CP come up with?  Progesterone…as in what I took back in February to bring on my period after my fibroid surgery.  Sad but true.  I’m amazed that he even remembered the name of the drug.

On the way home Sunday night CP and I were talking about various things and I didn’t realize that CP had told his sister not just about my surgery, but also that we had been trying for a while without any success.  I’m fine with CP telling her about it because she is not the type to keep secrets.  I don’t think that she is telling the world about what is going on with us, but we are sure that she told her mother and father because we suddenly aren’t hearing any “when are you going to have kids” comments or jokes from either of them….which is actually kind of nice.

Yesterday we were busy with house stuff.  We decided that we hated the paint color we originally picked out for the kitchen cabinets, so we bought a new paint color and I painted everything all over again (grrrr I hate wasted time).  Meanwhile CP built a soffet, hung a microwave/hood from the soffet, then vented the microwave/hood outside.  We then put up the new mount for our tv before crashing on the couch watching Family Guy.  Yes- we finally have internet and cable!!

How was your holiday weekend?

1 comment:

terra said...

I guess in a way if people do know about what's going on they're less likely to make jokes and hints about your guys needing to reproduce, but then there's the crazies who feel the need to tell you what worked for their cousin of their sister's friend.