Today I am counting the hours until I can curl up on the
couch under a blanket and probably break open a bottle of wine. It’s windy today
in Chicago.
Today I am also counting down the hours until CP gets
home. Unfortunately he arrives at the same
time as a first birthday party for our friends’ twins, so I won’t see him until
I get back from the party.
Today I am jealous of all of the women walking around
downtown Chicago with riding boots on. I’m
not morbidly obese (just barely obese per the BMI), yet my ridiculously muscular calves keep me from fitting
into boots. I even went to DSW last
night and tried on all of the “wide leg” boots.
Nothing fit. Grrrr.
Today I am hopeful that I didn’t get the flu shot for the
second year in a row for nothing. It is
free through work, but I generally wouldn’t get it unless I was thinking about
getting pregnant this year.
Today I am looking forward to even more shows returning on
tv. Grey’s and Scandal last night,
Revenge, Homeland, Dexter, and a new show, 666 Park Avenue all start on Sunday.
Today I am excited to have found a gym in our town. It’s less than $70/month for the two of us to
join and has a pool (with lap swim hours), a basketball court, an indoor track,
plenty of treadmills, stair climbers, ellipticals, bikes, etc. It also has classes and personal trainers
that you have to pay extra for, but at least they are available. Plus it’s not that far from my house so I
hope to get up in the mornings and work out!
Today I am excited that I will have spring flowers next
year! Groupon had a special yesterday
for Holland Farms and with it I ordered daffodils, tulips, and crocuses. Even if we don’t have time to take down the awful
70s bushes in the front of our house before spring, I can still plant pretty
flowers that will make me feel better about the outside of our house!
Today I am happy that my boss nominated me for a project and
I’m really hoping that instead of the 2-3 hours a month we are expected to work
on the project, it turns into a whole lot more so that I can stay busy.
Today, along with every other day that I come downtown, I am
reminded that although I hate my job and I’m bored, I’m still lucky to have a
job.
What are you feeling today?
4 comments:
You should look at the website "the woman within" www.womanwithin.com
they have some AWESOME wide-calf boots...I actually use them because they also carry size 11/12 - which is the size I wear, but it does suck because I don't HAVE wide calves and I've had to return because the calves on some were TOO big!
Hello from another athletically-calved lady :) Even if I can find tall boots that fit my calf, I'm tall too, so they often cut my leg off at the widest, most unflattering point, instead of just below the kneebone as they would on a shorter woman. Aagghh!
I am another woman with larger than normal calves....It's so unfair!!
I am in that particular club too. Stoopid boots.
Post a Comment