Wow I can’t believe that I haven’t participated in ICLW (aka
International Comment Leaving Week) since April! Well, let me get you up to speed in what has
been going on in our life since then.
(If you want the very basics about me they can be found here.)
Sadly, IUI #2 and IUI #3 in May did not work. But we had other things to worry about
because my husband CP got a job offer in Chicago. Amazingly, we were able to sell our house in 8 days, I was able to get my job transferred to the Chicago office, and we had a final consultation with our RE before CP left for IL.
A day after CP got to Chicago, he went to an open house for
a place that had been on the market for 60+ days, then brought my father back
for a second opinion the next day. He
then put an offer on the house without me even seeing it in person. I was stuck in CT for six weeks while waiting
for the sale of our house to go through while CP stayed in an extended stay
hotel and started his new position.
Because we were away from each other during the right time of the month,
we had to suspend baby making activities. We were also saddened to find out that CP’s company somehow gets around the mandated infertility coverage requirement in IL and
we had no coverage for IVF.
In the beginning of August I started my new job (well,
transferred job) and am still hoping for more work. We
moved into our new house and I posted pictures showing just how much work needed to be done on our new house. After about a month in the house we finally
had one room complete and a working kitchen. Then just last week our older dog had to go in for
emergency surgery for bloat. Thankfully she made it through the surgery
and is doing much better.
This month we are hoping that we have a surprise pregnancy,
but not counting on it. We are looking
forward to our appointment with our new RE on October 1st.
13 comments:
Hello! I'm doing ICLW this time too, for the first time in ages, so perhaps I should have waited to comment. Or I'll comment again tomorrow!
That's terrible that your husband's company doesn't cover IVF ... what a shock that must have been given that it's mandatory in the state. Did you find out what kind of loophole got them out of it?
Ah! ICLW snuck up on me this month. Thanks for the reminder. I'm off to sign up.
Hi love! It's nice to see an update - but I'm still sad about the IVF coverage. :(
Hey from ICLW! So sorry that the co doesn't cover IVF, how the hell did they get round that if it's mandatory in the state??
Look forward to following you.
Just found your blog via ICLW and I look forward to following along! I like the whole concept of non sequitur - life is so much more than infertility!
Oh my goodness, lady! I've been reading along and keeping up with everything but to see all that's happened in the past few months in a short synopsis makes me tired just reading about it! <3
Hi from ICLW! Excited to follow along!
Hello back from ICLW. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am looking forward to following along on your journey. It sounds like you have had some busy months. We are also TTC naturally right now until we wait to start a new IVF cycle in May. Maybe we both will get lucky!! :) I am so sorry about your husband's company. That just stinks! I'm off to catch up on some of your blog!
Our first home we ripped out every floor, cabinet, removed wallpaper and painted every room. It was a lot of work but if felt great once we finished. Sorry about your IVF coverage. That stinks :(tar
Hello from ICLW. You have a lot going on in your life right now! Good luck with the house, the job, the dogs (glad the older one is okay!), and of course, the IVF!
Hello from ICLW and a new follower! I can relate to the IVF "non-coverage," we don't have it either. It sucks. Unfortunately for us, even thought we're in a mandated state (for coverage to be offered) DH's company is exempt because of where they're headquartered.....What a loophole! :(
Hang in there! :)
Hi from ICLW! I liked your newest post as well but read this one and decided to comment here. Thanks for putting things in perspective :)
Hi from ICLW...that sucks that the company can get around the mandatory IVF coverage!!!
Post a Comment