When the wedding was over I looked over at her and noticed her stomach was a little larger than usual, then it hit me: she was pregnant. It was like a punch in the gut because not only is she not sure that she will ever marry, but she and her boyfriend are pretty sure that they are not going to have kids. So while CP and I are running around for 2.5 years trying to get pregnant, they are not even sure they want kids and of course get pregnant. After that I woke up.
This dream is coming on the heels of three other pregnancy-related things.
First, I got a shower invite for a good college friend's wife a few weeks ago. He had mentioned that they were going to start trying fairly soon after the Olympic Trials (this past June) and what do you know, they must have gotten pregnant on the first try because she is due in February. I'm not only jealous of how fast it took them to get pregnant, but she booked slots at the best daycare only a few months into her pregnancy and sent out shower invites two months in advance. Now that's someone that is not worried about her pregnancy at all.
Then, last week I found out that my friend that I talked about in the beginning of the year is 10 weeks pregnant. I am rooting for her as just getting pregnant is a problem because she has PCOS....but in addition she can't get excited for the pregnancy until she gets back test results on potential genetic defects in a few weeks. She was worried to tell me about the pregnancy, but it doesn't make me sad to hear of her pregnancy. She has been through enough and I REALLY REALLY hope that this is the one.
Finally, on the same day that I found out about my friend above, I found out that I had officially been lapped by a good friend. A friend from high school's wife got pregnant quickly and announced the pregnancy when CP and I were beginning to realize that our journey was not going to be so easy. Well, his second daughter just arrived into the world. *sigh* I'm of course happy for him, but I can't believe that his family is complete when CP and I haven't even made it to a positive pregnancy test.
Anyway, so a weird and rough dream (thank goodness I woke up and knew that it wasn't true as my sister had quite a few drinks on Saturday night), coupled with other pregnancy-related items has me feeling a bit down. But hopefully a long family weekend will brighten my spirits.
8 comments:
Oh wow, that is a tough dream. I feel like things are going to change for you soon though. I think you have a lot to look forward too, I'll be rooting you on!
It's always such a shock when people get pregnant so easily. There is a lot of pregnancy related things going on in your life lately, hopefully you are next!
For me the second babies are the biggest kick to the gut!
Sending you hugs. I have to agree with KayBee...the second babies are always the hardest for me too!
Funny (or not so funny as the case may be) how these things work into our subconscious while we slumber. You'd think we could get peace at least while we sleep. And of course, when it rains, it pours.
Ohhhh looooord. I'm so sorry for all of the pregnancies at once! It's hard to be surrounded. :( I think a whole wave a 2nd babies will be coming our way since a lot of friends (early 30s) have kids around 1-2 years now. Le sigh.
That ain't no dream ......... that's a nightmare!
Ugh, what a wretched dream. Hugs, lady.
Sometimes our minds can play such terrible tricks on us :(
Post a Comment