It’s Monday and I’m bummed to be at work so I might as well
complain today. :-)
Remember my hair dresser that dyed the peach fuzz on my face
back in September? Well for some reason I went back to her two
more times. This last time I complained
that my hair was losing the dye that she was putting in after only a week or
two so she decided that she would put a darker shade of dye into my hair so
that when it faded it would be more of the color that I wanted. I’m not sure why I went along with this, but since
hair stylists are the experts I generally agree with what they suggest.
POOR, POOR choice on my end.
I ended up with almost black hair- but not on the roots. It looked AWFUL. One of my coworkers actually said, “Oh…you
paid someone to do that?” (In the nicest
way possible.) Not trusting in the first
stylist to fix the mess, I made an appointment at a new salon (awful hair on my
birthday made me sad). The new stylist
had no idea what the heck the first stylist was trying to do and suggested
heavy highlights of a lighter color and then toning the hair. Then in our next appointment she could get me
back to the color that I want to be. So I don't love my current hair, but it is at least better then the two-toned mess that was my hair only a week ago. I should have listened to my instinct and not
gone back to the stylist after her errors the first time….GRRRRR.
For those of you that have been reading a while, remember
how I was supposed to get braces and have my jaw broken and I was worried about timing with pregnancy? First off, let me just LAUGH. I could have had the
braces put on last July, the surgery sometime late summer this year and
possibly had the braces off by now. But
I thought that we still had a chance in getting pregnant once the fibroids were
out of my body/once we tried the IUIs so I held off treatment. Well, now we are here in IL and I thought
that because my teeth started to move back together once I took out my night
guard I would be all set. But of course
no….my new dentist and orthodontist both recommend braces once again and I won’t
know if I need surgery until 9 months into treatment.
OF COURSE this rears its head when we are just about to
start IVF. *sigh* For right now we have put off the braces but
we are mainly just waiting until we can get some cash together….
---------------------------------------
Finally, Saturday morning started off on a good note- CP was
almost finished rolling the first coat of paint on the dining room ceiling when
he had a back spasm. I told him to sit
down the couch for a few minutes, gave him some Tylenol and started to prime
one of the built in cabinets. After a
while we could tell that his back wasn’t getting any better so I headed to
Walgreens to get a heating pad and some Doan’s back pain medicine. When that didn’t help, I asked CP what he was
going to do about his flight to Columbia the next morning. He couldn’t walk without holding on to a
table, countertop, or me and couldn’t straighten out his body. So I finally convinced him to head to urgent
care.
This was my first time at urgent care and I have to say that
it is an EXCELLENT idea. Lower back pain
is not something that someone should go to the emergency room for….but yet,
where are you supposed to go on a weekend?
Enter urgent care where you don’t have to wait hours upon hours to get
seen by a doctor and tie up the ER system.
We were quickly seen by a doctor and CP was able to get a
prescription-strength anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxers. However, the doctor did not appreciate CP’s
joke about his upcoming flight to Columbia via Panama- “I’m taking a tour of
all of the 90s drug hotspots.” :-)
The rest of the weekend CP laid on the couch watching
television and sleeping. I have never
seen that boy sleep as much as I did this weekend. Meanwhile, I painted. And brought CP dinner, water, his phone, his
computer, etc. (he had to cancel his trip to Columbia and call his boss). I walked the dogs. And yesterday I baked 12 loaves of bread to
give to our neighbors for the holidays. And
now I am tired.
How was your weekend?
I don't have any wise words on what happened in Newtown on Friday so I decided not to post on the tragedy. However, I do hope that our country can come together and pass some meaningful legislation to prevent this from happening again. Personally, I believe that is going to come in the form of tighter gun restrictions and more mental health dollars.
9 comments:
I too often go back to the same hair butcher even when I really shouldn't. Devil you know and all that, right?
Hope hubby's feeling better ... so you can have a chance to relax too!
I went through a small spurt with the girl who does my hair too. After 2 times of needing her to "re-do" something, I finally had a talk with her and things have been great since. Ironically, she just moved and I have to see someone new from now on.
I'm convinced that there are zero good hair stylists/colorists out there any more. Mine is a whiz with the scissors but is totally offensive with her infertility comments. I do hope you've found a new one that is a keeper. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she's not an ex-con hiding from the law or something. :)
Oh my goodness. I'm glad your hair and CP's back are both on the mend! Happy ICLW!
Merry Christmas and Happy ICLW! I am fortunate to have a good hair dresser now, but I've had my share of bad ones! It's awful! Hopefully you will like your new person. Good luck as you venture forth with IVF.
Hello from ICLW! I can totally relate to putting stuff off because of the chance of getting pregnant. Sigh, hasn't worked too well for me yet either.
P.S. Those robot comment things hurt my eyes!
Hi from ICLW! 12 loaves of bread is just amazing. I'd be so tired I'd be on the floor.
OMG. Dyed your peach fuzz?? I have to go check that link out now. Good Lord. It sounds awful.
When Andrew and I both got food poisoning, we tried to go to the ER, mostly because our chef friend was worried it was something worse since we'd eaten chicken and we waited there for 4 hours before we finally left and went to our Urgent Care place. We were in and out of there in less than an hour. It was amazing.
Post a Comment