Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.29.2012

Christmas recap


In the end, my worry about what would happen on Christmas Day at my aunt’s house turned out to be nothing.  Two of my cousins ended up not being able to show up so I only had to deal with one infant (5 months old) and an almost 3 year old.  They were adorable and very well behaved and although I engaged in some wistful thinking while hanging out with them, everything went fine.  Thank goodness I wasn’t on any IVF drugs at the time!!

My aunt was also on good behavior.  I actually made a point to stay away from her unless there was a big group (although, she has asked about our plans for kids in big groups too) so that I wouldn’t get the dreaded question which ended up working out well.  No kid questions from anyone that day so CP and I survived the day!

I did find out that my step second cousin is infertile though.  Remember how she helped CP get his new job?   Well he now sits in the cubicle next to her and she does seem to give out a lot of personal information (and others do to her as well).  He has overheard that she and her husband can’t have kids but doesn’t know the specifics.  I watched her hang out with the little kids at Christmas and I swear I saw the same wistful look in her eye that was also in mine.  I doubt that we will ever get a chance to talk about our infertility as we all know how close CP holds the infertile cards to his chest, but I do feel for her.  :-(

What's a holiday recap without adorable pictures of the dogs??

Buster loves his new toy!

My sister and her boyfriend got Buster a bowtie collar so that he could look dapper for the holidays.  I love it!

Buster enjoying the Christmas snow at the dog park.

Koda laying with all of the dog toys.  I'm pretty sure the dogs received more presents on Christmas than the humans did!

Christmas Day picture with Buster, my sister's dog Fletcher, and Koda.  I have no idea how I was able to snap such a good photo, but I think I may have to frame this!!
Here is a preview of our new dining room ready for Christmas dinner!  I can't wait to show you the before pictures!  :-)

7 comments:

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Oh my. Buster is so happy about his new toy. So cute! Glad your Xmas wasn't too painful.

Christina said...

I swear your dogs are just giant cute fuzz balls. I am glad that your Christmas experience was better than what you anticipated.

Gypsy Mama said...

Your dogs are so cute!! The holidays can be hard for infertiles, glad yours went well :)

Aramis said...

Love your doggies! The group photo by the tree is great.

jAllen said...

Love the shot of the dogs in front of the tree! Glad the Christmas get together wasn't too painful (I also avoided pesty questions from my family) hopefully you and your cousin will have a heart to heart talk about her infertility issues and she'll learn that it doesn't have to be lonely :)

Meg said...

Glad it went better than you expected :)

terra said...

Love, love those dog photos! They're so beautiful!