Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.04.2012

Yet another dream

Is having upsetting dreams one of the side effects of birth control?  I don't remember these dreams being par for the course for the 12+ years I took them....but yet here they are!  I guess I shouldn't complain because otherwise I am not having any other symptoms....

Last night I had yet another dream about others being pregnant. This time the dream was not about my sister but of three different friends from law school.  The first are close friends here in Chicago that have twins and have had discussions about having a third child, but are most likely not going to take the plunge.  The second friends also have two kids (the second kid was an oops) and have discussed having a third.  The final friends M & R don't have any kids yet but told us last year when we saw them that they were going to start trying in a year or so- they were planning to start trying at the same time as yet another law school couple.  The wife in M & R has already started a Pinterest board and has pinned stuff like "baby on a budget" and how to do the monthly stickers for pictures.

In my dream all three of my friends were pregnant and one by one, they told me their good news.  As I had to congratulate them face to face, I choked back my tears.  I realized that all three of them would have babies the same age, while I would be left behind.

The kicker of the dream was that I found out that I had not been invited to something- a kid's birthday party or something like that because I was not pregnant or already a mom.  It wasn't them sparing my feelings or thinking that I wouldn't want to go....it was simply because I was not a mom or soon-to-be mom.  So of course I felt horribly left out.


I woke up from the dream smelling sh*t. Literally sh*t.  Fuzzy Britches decided that despite taking her out before we went to bed and instead of waking us up to go out, she would just poop in the hallway at 3am. Awesome.

First I am still upset about the dream. Why do I keep having these dreams?  

Second, I hope this is not a sign for Fuzzy Britches. She is coming up on her 9th birthday next month...which is getting up there in years for Bernese Mountain Dogs.  I don't even want to think about this.....not now.....

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I love that you remember your dreams in such detail...I do the same thing and my husband thinks it is so weird! In your case, I think the mind can do crazy things and maybe your subconscious is stressing over things that your conscious mind isn't aware of.

Anonymous said...

I had ridiculous dreams while on the pill. I even bought a dream dictionary. Crazy, crazy dreams!

Tutti said...

I think our fears have a way of working themselves into our subconscious in weird ways. Unfortunately they result in haunting us in our sleep. Is there any place that we are safe?

Kisses to FB. I'll be thinking of her.

http://mrkhmusings.wordpress.com said...

Oh I know the feeling! To not even be safe in our dreams from the freaking fertiles! Am sorry! I always think that our dreams are showing what is really going on in our minds and as this is the forefront of your mind at the moment of course it's going to haunt your dreams. Is shit though am sorry!

Meg said...

I'm sure that the hormones from the pill could mess with your dreams. You might not have had them before, or just got used to then, or your hormones have changed since then :)
I know they suck, but try not to let the dreams bug you.
Poor FB :(