Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.28.2013

F*ck

I don't usually post twice in a day, but I'm posting because I am trying not to worry too much right now.  This morning, only 2.5 weeks after my month-long Lupron shot, I had some spotting.  Last time I took Lupron my reproductive organs were knocked out for 6 months, far longer than the 3 the shot was supposed to cover.  I was expecting the same thing to happen here....

I called my nurse and she told me to get bloodwork and an ultrasound done tomorrow.  She mentioned something about upping my dosage or having to tweak things because of the spotting.  I'm trying not to think about it too much but does upping my dosage mean that I will have yet ANOTHER month on Lupron starting whenever the shot arrives at my clinic?  I have been fairly patient waiting for this month to go by and for me to really get started with this IVF cycle.....does this spotting now mean I have to wait even longer?

Ladies, have any of you had spotting problems in the middle of long Lupron shots?  Any advice, stories, etc. would be appreciated- especially if you can tell me that it's no big deal and that tomorrow's appointment is just a formality.

 My day started out not-so-great....and has continued downward.  :-(  I need some chocolate.

6 comments:

@JessEsco said...

I have no idea what any of that means, but I guess not good. I'm so sorry :(

jAllen said...

I've used Lupron to help shrink fibroids prior to surgery and find that most bleed on it. (May be much higher dose and we don't always inject on be first day of a cycle, but I often consel patients to have done bleeding as your estrogen levels are declining. Hope there are no surprises at your visit tomorrow

Terra said...

Hugs, lady. I don't know what it means and I don't have any advice, but I'm thinking of you.

Belle said...

I have no advice but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping that the spotting was just from ornery lady parts that are settling down after the lupron. Hang in there and let us know how your checkup goes tomorrow.

Gypsy Mama said...

I have never taken lupron as my clinic uses birth control pills to suppress. I am thinking about you though, and I hope this doesn't affect your treatment

Anonymous said...

Don't worry at all! I totally had a bleed for about four days at the exact same time while on Lupron... and the notes I have from my clinic say YOU WILL GET A PERIOD WHILE ON LUPRON, so really, it's normal. I personally don't understand all the weird timing of things, and how Lupron changes your cycle days and whatnot, but I just kind of went with it. It's really less about whether or not you're bleeding at this stage and more about what your hormones and ovaries are doing.