Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.28.2013

Beta doubled

More good news- my beta results are in and they doubled in the past two days!

Beta #1 at 15dpo- 223
Beta #2 at 17dpo- 494

Woo hoo!

My clinic usually does a third beta but I didn't want to miss any work if I didn't need to so they aren't making me come in for another test.  Along with early beta tests, my clinic also does very early ultrasounds.  The nurse said that they should be able to see something after 5 weeks, 5 days, so my first OB ultrasound will be on Monday, April 8th.  I'm hoping CP can make it- but you never know with his work/travel schedule.

So far, so good.

I'm trying to decide if I have some pregnancy symptoms.  The night before my beta (14dpo) I woke up at 2am and had awful, awful cramps.  I figured that because of the progesterone and that I have a 50% chance of my endo being back since it has been more than a year since my surgery, that my body hated me from all of the IVF drugs and that I was about to get a massive period.  As you know, that is amazingly not the case.  But I woke up again last night at 3am with awful cramps again.  Is this normal?  

The past few days I haven't had much of an appetite which is VERY unusual.  But this morning I have been RAVENOUS.  I can't wait for lunch!

I'm usually always thirsty and drink a ton of water, but the past few days I feel like I am peeing all the time!  Again, pregnancy symptom?  Or is it all in my head?

19 comments:

Lya said...

Congrats on your second beta!!! Keep the happy posts coming :)

Just T said...

I just knew it would double! As far as symptoms it could be a little of both. Who cares though!!! Yay for symptoms and rising betas

Tia said...

The hormone surge definitely makes you pee a ton in the beginning. It will level off....until the baby gets big enough to make you biologically pee all the time :)

JenS said...

I had some massive cramps early on. It kind of went all the way around my midsection. I could feel them in my back even. I assume it's normal? Probably the uterus starting to stretch out. I haven't had any that bad since probably the week after my beta. I also assumed it was the progesterone. It's funny, at first anytime I would mention any type of pregnancy symptom I seemed to be having either me or my husband would assume I was just imagining it. And this was after the beta. Nope, it's all real. You are pregnant, my friend!

Navigating the Mothership said...

I love that you are getting all this good news.

And the intense cramping and sudden peeing sound very much like what happened during my first pregnancy.

Lisa (@PixelatedMama) said...

I know I mentioned it on Twitter, but I am sooooo happy and excited for you!

I had killer cramps too. I wasn't on progesterone, so I assume it's just that your uterus has stuff going on.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

So, does this mean your due date is in December? Might just be the best Christmas gift ever!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Great second beta!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yay on the numbers!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! What a perfect doubling number... you've clearly got one strong embryo in there. And yeah -- I totally had cramps from the start right up until 8 weeks. They scared the bejeebus out of me, but are totally normal. I wouldn't overthink your symptoms at this point (ie. whether they're "real" or in your head or whatever) -- probably a mix of both, but in either case, it isn't a real signifier of how your baby is doing. Have faith in those betas! And it really isn't long until that first ultrasound, so you'll have some confirmation soon, too. :)

wherethebleepisourstork said...

So exciting!!! Embrace those nasty side effects! WHoo hoo!!!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Yay! And kudos for turning down the third beta ... I wouldn't have been able to resist. (Hell, I was fighting for a fourth - which was very firmly refused!)

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Oops. I did get four. It was the FIFTH that was refused. Ha! I admire your restraint even more.

Unknown said...

Eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!! So excited and so happy for you!

Breathe Gently said...

I had lots of post-IVF cramping after the BFP, my poor ovaries were still recovering from everything and my uterus didn't know what hit it - literally!

If you see a heartbeat, YAY - but no panicking if not. I saw one at 7+1 but we went later for that reason. :)

Endo_Life said...

I have been away all week and my stupid phone wouldn't let me comment! Just wanted to say a great big huge congratulations to you. I am so pleased for you both and look forward to hearing how things progress x

Shelley said...

Woo hoo is right! Great to see the good news! How nice to have a short wait until your first peek!

Anonymous said...

When I got pregnant I had bad cramping for two weeks like I was going to start my period, but it never came. So I took a test and lo and behold, Charlie is 18 months old today! :)

Amber said...

I peed constantly!!! About 4 times/night even. Embrace those symptoms. You are pregnant!!! Ahhh! :)