Retrieval this morning was fairly painless- right now I'm just crampy. I'm wondering if the pain is going to get worse as the day goes on as my anesthesia wears off? If it stays this way I should have an easy day working from home tomorrow. IVF warriors- does the pain get worse on day 2?
So my clinic kind of sucks because they neglected to tell me how many eggs they retrieved before I left! I was still a bit out of it, so I called the clinic on our way home but was told to call back after 1pm. Customer service at it's finest.
Anyway, the clinic ended up retrieving 11 eggs, a number I am quite happy with. I know that some of the eggs are probably not mature enough, but 11 gives me some wiggle room with maybe some of the eggs not fertilizing and/or having some poor quality eggs.
And now I veg out on the couch all day waiting for the clinic to call tomorrow between 11 and 3 (what are the odds they will make a timely phone call??) to give me my fertilization report. Here's hoping CP had a good sample and there is a big fertilization party at the clinic tonight! Mama wants a 5 day transfer!
15 comments:
This sounds great. Yay! I hope all of your parts are getting busy tonight in the lab!
I think I had 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized just fyi. 11 is a great number! Even if a small number are mature, you have an excellent shot!
That's awesome that you aren't in much pain. For me, all the pain was from the anesthesia.
11 is my lucky number -hoping it will bring luck to you!
11 is great! For me, I was fine the next day. Unless you've got OHSS going on, you should hopefully be feeling better. Looking forward to a great fertilization report!
Congrats on 11 eggs! I always felt fine the day after retrieval. I don't remember having cramps,or if I did they were so minor I have forgotten the whole thing.
What a great number! I can't wait to hear about the fertilization report!!
I'm so glad the retrieval went well. 11 eggs is awesome! I felt fine the next day, but I know everyone is different. Crossing my fingers for you!
11 eggs is great! Fingers crossed that you get a good fertilization rate. Take care!
11 is fantastic hon. I found that the pain got a little worse over the few days after EPU. Second time around, especially. Gas & ovary soreness. Just take it easy.
This all sounds great...keeping you in my thoughts!
I am so happy that things went well. Your numbers sound wonderful. Hoping for great fertilization report today.
11 eggs is great! Congrats! Fingers crossed for good news this afternoon!
I was told some of the nurses will write the number of eggs retrieved on the patient's hand at our dr's office because they are asked the question "How many?" so many times as the patient is recovering. :)
11 is a fantastic number! Crossed fingers for an amazing report!
I was fine the next day, too. I found the recovery from the retrieval to be pretty easy, really! I hope you have the same experience.
Congrats on 11! That sounds great. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
sending you lots of good vibes!
Post a Comment