Injecting yourself with the stims is like the very beginning of the ride- you are looking forward to what is to come with anticipation and a bit of nervousness.
The retrieval and the subsequent phone calls from the clinic telling you how many eggs were retrieved, how many eggs fertilized and then how they are doing can either leave you at the top of a high hill or at the bottom of a steep drop when you don't think that you can take anymore and just want to get the f*ck off the ride at that point. This, of course, all depends on your expectations for the cycle and things completely out of your control.
After a bit of a low point yesterday when I found out that only 3 eggs fertilized out of the 11 retrieved, I'm back up at a high point because my call today brought great news!
All three eggs are doing well and I will be heading in for a 5 day transfer on Saturday! Not only does this make me happy because it means that the embryos are doing well, but I don't have to take another day off of work this week (CP too) and figure out what to tell my boss! This weekend can be all about the transfer and resting both Saturday and Sunday.
At this point, CP and I have no idea how many embryos we will transfer. We have discussed the possibility of putting two back to increase the odds of getting pregnant, but are also not super keen on having twins. But with only three embryos and the possibility of embryos not surviving the thaw for a frozen transfer if this transfer on Saturday doesn't work.....well, we have a lot to think about.
17 comments:
Congrats, that's great news! Good luck with your decision on the number to transfer.
This is wonderful! Good luck with all of your thinking over the next couple days. That sounds like an incredibly difficult decision. So much excitement!
Awesome news! Fingers crossed for you on Saturday!
Great news!!!
Great news! Fingers crossed for you!
That is fabulous news! Have you read my post about single embryo transfer? Everyone has different issues and I'm not sure exactly what yours are, but I highly recommend transferring a single embryo in most (not all) circumstances. I didn't realize that the odds of the embryo itself splitting is higher with IVF and then again higher with ICSI (which I also did). If you want to discuss at all with someone who has been there, feel free to email me!
Great news! Good luck for this weekend.
Great news! I assumed it would be three day transfer. Wow five day is awesome. Maybe you will have more information on Saturday to make the decision on, how many to transfer easier. Fingers crossed!!!!
Glad to hear that your rollercoaster took a big turn and your back on top of a hill. Congrats on your 3 rockstar embryos and your day 5 transfer. That is awesome news!
Wishing you the best of luck with your decision, which certainly won't be an easy choice.
Glad you have the weekend after the transfer to chill out.
Great news!!! Will be thinking of you this weekend!
Awesome news! I think freezing methods have gotten much better so I think it's now much more rare for an embryo to not survive thawing. If you have more than one blast on saturday and really don't want twins, I would definitely recommend transferring just one. Obviously, you should go with what your RE recommends and what you feel comfortable with but that's my two cents :)
Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. I am excited for your transfer and wish you all the best with those three embies.
Everyone has to do what is best for them regarding transfer and number of embies. It's a very personal decision. I wrote a post about the subject last year you may want to check out if you are on the fence.
http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/2012/10/an-honest-discussion-of-set.html
Having lost twins and known people to have lost twins, I have my own opinions which I didn't come to until afterward. Just know all the positives and negatives before making the decision. It's much bigger than many make it to be.
Good luck and all the best.
MissConception
That is such great news, and so nice that you don't have to take a day off work and explain what's going on to anyone.
How many to transfer is such a huge decision and so different for everyone, hope it isn't too hard for you. Your doctor's input will make it easier.
I'll be sending you good thoughts on Saturday. Wish I could tell you that the rollercoaster ride stops at transfer but unfortunately it just keeps going and going.
Yippee for great news! Lots of st patty's day luck for ya!
It is a good sign, the strong ones are doing well. Fingers and toes crossed for you and CP!
I always liked roller coasters. Until this crazy IF ride.
I'm so happy for you that all 3 are growing strong. I am crossing my fingers and hoping you have a successful transfer with a happy ending!
I am only just managing to catch up my dear. I am sorry I have been absent this week when so much has been going on for you.
Post a Comment