I did start out a bit overweight for this pregnancy and so far my doctor is completely happy with my weight gain. She said that these days doctors recommend gaining 25-30 pounds during pregnancy and even though I started out a bit heavier, that I could still gain 25 pounds and be okay. She would also be okay if I didn't gain all 25 pounds.
I am NOT decreasing my food intake at all, I just am making healthier choices than before because I am not as stressed. Think lots and lots of FRUIT and salads and drinking tons of water. I mean, I used to drink tons of water, but now that alcohol and soda no longer touch my lips (okay, the occasional soda but it is very infrequent), I am filling up quite a bit more with water. I also am exercising and moving around a lot. Not running or doing high impact stuff, but walking daily and doing prenatal yoga once a week.
To be completely honest, I really don't want to gain 25 pounds with this pregnancy. I still feel like people are looking at my stomach, judging me for being fat instead of looking at it and knowing that I am pregnant. My doctor said that most people gain a pound a week in the second trimester so that I shouldn't be scared if I suddenly pack on the pounds. But I don't want that to be me. I of course want to be healthy for the baby, but every pound that I gain is going to be a pound that I have to lose after the c-section. You know, when I can't exercise for at least six weeks. I know that breastfeeding should help with weight loss, but what if I have problems with breastfeeding as some women do?
For now I am just going to continue doing what I am doing and trying to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible because they are all good for the baby. And to cross my fingers that my weight gain is slower than a pound a week. At least my bicycle has finally gotten fixed. I'm picking it up tonight and CP and I are planning on going on a ride!*
*CP is a little worried because he thinks that I might fall due to my clumsiness. I hope that I don't prove him right!!
7 comments:
It sounds like you are doing an amazing job staying active and eating healthy. It would be easy for me to say not to worry about the weight gain, but who am I kidding? I worry about it too. However, with twins, I know it's really important to put on a significant amount in the beginning, because its near impossible to eat enough in the third trimester. I'm just so afraid of putting on the weight, and then something tragic happens and we lose the babies, and then I'm just stuck with the extra weight - fat with no babies! Ugh. That's a nightmare on so many levels. Keep up the great work! I think you are doing amazing.
I know I will definitely be worried about weight gain if I ever manage to get pregnant. But it sounds like being pregnant is an awesome motivator for you to eat healthy, which is the most important thing. If you have to get fat, might as well get fat on apples and carrots. ;)
Such a great report! Keep them coming!
Weight stuff with pregnancy sounds like a tough issue to work out. There's a balance in there somewhere, I totally understand your concerns over not being able to work out post-c-section. I think if you're as active as you can be and continue to eat healthy things that make you feel good, you'll be okay. And fingers crossed breast feeding both works & helps you slim down after baby!
I am really so impressed with you. This post shouldn't even be called "weight," but actually "health." You are doing so good at eating healthy and being active! I haven't done so well at either. I mean, I'm eating good food, but not so good on the portion control. And no exercise at all since our little scare.
I am really impressed with your healthy eating and exercising. I haven't been doing as well. I could stand to eat more vegetables, but they still are hard for me to eat. The aversion is gone but they just aren't appealing at all. I also haven't exercised very much at all since my transfer. Almost 6 months of no exercise is a record even for me, especially since I was doing so great with exercise before this IVF. I actually hate all the muscle tone I've lost more than the weight gain since my weight gain seems to be all belly so far.
Oh, weight. I'm tracking about the same as you, but even that little bit has been hard to see. Maybe it wouldn't have been such a big deal if I wasn't carrying around 5 extra pounds to begin with.
Are you showing yet? I'm in the weird in between stage. The husband and I call it baby or food? Mostly it's food.
Post a Comment