Everything looks good. Heartbeat was 163, arm and leg buds starting to form, and the baby is measuring about 9 weeks 4 days so right on target. I told the tech that I don't ovulate until Day 16 or 17 so she moved my due date back two days to August 2nd.
![]() |
| Not sure why I can't get this 3D picture to turn, but the baby's head is facing down with the arm and leg buds coming off the body to the right. |
When my doctor came in I asked her about the shortness of breath that I am having after going upstairs and doing certain activities. She said that most of that is progesterone and it should go away soon. I know that I wasn't in running shape prior to this pregnancy but I am not THAT out of shape as to be huffing and puffing after going up stairs!
I also asked if the drugs from the flare protocol would have done any harm to the baby. She said that no, they shouldn't have done any harm because it was between ovulation and implantation AND at that point I am not feeding the baby any blood.
She asked if I had any breast tenderness and I said that I was surprised to find that I didn't really have much. She said that is normal with second pregnancies- especially after breastfeeding because your breasts are less sensitive. Ahhhh good to know. I wish that I had known that a few weeks ago when I was freaking out because my breasts weren't tender!
Finally, I asked about my risk for miscarriage at this point. My doctor wouldn't give me a percentage, but said that it is very low because the baby is measuring on schedule with a strong heartbeat. My SIL and her family already know (CP told them yesterday), but now that my SIL knows we probably have to tell my MIL and FIL soon because my SIL isn't known for keeping secrets....
I had to give a whole lot of blood and a clean urine sample and then I was on my way. Last time with Izzy we did the first trimester screening (otherwise known as the BUN test which involves an ultrasound), but this time we are electing to do the blood test, which tends to be more accurate and checks the fetal blood mixed in with my blood for specific chromosomal abnormalities. Because I am of "advanced maternal age" insurance would cover the blood test and not just the BUN test. So I head back in two weeks for another doctor appointment and the blood test.
What a great late Christmas present!

12 comments:
So glad to hear all is good! What a great late Christmas present indeed.
Oh, what an amazing picture of your not-so-tiny nugget! I'm so glad you had a smooth OB appointment and got the answer to your not-sore boobs. I have heard good things about the blood test. It's amazing to me. AND, if you so chose, you could get the gender info wicked early from it. Congratulations on a beautiful milestone!
More happy news! So glad to hear miracle baby is still doing well.
Awesome ultrasound picture! Congrats on your pregnancy!
Hooray! So glad the appointment went well!
WOOHOO!!!!!
Love it!!!!
Yay! Hi pretty gummy bear! I'm jealous that you get to have the blood test... they wouldn't let me have it because I had no risk factors, but it's so much more accurate than the NT scan, and no false positives... also can't it tell you the sex??
I'm so happy to hear all is well and you got to see that sweet little gummy bear! My boobs were never sore, even though it had been my first (and only) pregnancy. I think that's interesting that it's usually a thing for second pregnancies. I also had incredible shortness of breath very early on in the first trimester, but mine continued, probably because I was carrying twins. I never ever had anyone tell me it would be due to the progesterone! I'm STILL learning new things all the time! Lol
What an amazing ultrasound picture! Glad all is well! :)
Yay yay yay! Kermit arm flail!!
You are 10 days ahead of me :)
Wonderful, wonderful news. I'm so glad that everything is going well! I'd kind of been holding my breath for you, and I'm glad that I can let it out now. Happy, happy new year!!!
Post a Comment