Amazingly enough, the closing went off yesterday without a hitch. Ha! Just kidding! That’s only in fantasy land. Actually one of the forms was off by $1.14 so our lender wouldn’t wire the money to our attorney until it was fixed. Because that didn’t happen until 1pm or so, the wire didn’t hit before we were finished and we officially had to have a “dry closing.” Which means that we couldn’t take possession or get the keys to our new place. (Cue CP and me freaking out as we had a 16-foot truck full to the brim and we HAD to unload it. As in, CP was going to break a window if need be.)
Luckily, our attorney was cool. Officially it was a dry closing….unofficially (after the relocation company’s attorney left) he gave the keys to the realtor who then handed them off to us. Shhhhhh.
Fuzzy Britches was very excited to get into the house. Every time we brought a box up to the second floor or downstairs to the finished basement she would follow us. She even explored the backyard a bit and found a disgusting, moldy squeaky toy buried near a tree.
Four hours later, the truck was unpacked and boxes, shelves, bins, sporting equipment, etc. were all in their respective rooms. To celebrate, we went to Chipotle and drove an hour home to MA to pass out. We are such party animals.
Today I have been unable to concentrate as I am tired and sore. I plan to go home and pass out on the couch before figuring out what I am going to do for dinner. CP had to leave early this morning to fly out to OH for work so I won’t have my chef to cook for me. Booo.
I promise house pictures soon- but might wait until we actually get some stuff unpacked first.
What is your least favorite part about moving? Is it the physical labor? The fact that you have no idea where the one pair of pants that you wanted to wear to work is hiding? The fact that some of your things are in the new house, but not the house that you are currently living in?
10 comments:
We have been in our house for almost a year and a half and Montana still digs up the occasional dirt-covered toy in the backyard. We think it's kind of hilarious. Most recently it was a Matchbox German police car marked Polizei. I thought that was especially fitting. The German part, at least.
Congrats on closing and unofficially getting the keys! Years ago, I started using movers for local moves ... and honestly, I don't think I could ever go back. It takes such a huge stress off my back from moving. Now, the worst part about moving is (a) packing boxes and (b) taking the gazillion trips out to buy the things you thought you had, but don't.
i think the worst thing about moving is knowing that it's the perfect time to reorganize...but never having the time to do it properly! congrats!
Congrats!!!! That is exciting :-)
I'd have to say the worst part of moving is packing & moving everything. I love the unpacking part!
Congratulations! Hopefully the unpacking and organizing goes quickly!
I think for me the worst part about moving is that it always takes longer than planned. And then once everything is moved, it still feels like chaos.
As you know, we moved Friday. 9am the movers are supposed to come. 9:15am when I call I found out they FORGOT TO WRITE US DOWN and we have no movers. It was so stressful. We finally got sub movers at 2:15, but it led to overtime (went past 7), rush hour driving, new moving guys, etc. Then I had to fight with the moving company about not paying for the extra time that was their fault. Gah!
Congrats on the new home! Leave it to a dog to find the most disgusting thing in a new yard, mine found a frozen squirrel in a snow bank. She was stoked, as I'm sure Fuzzy Britches was.
CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you.
The best part about moving is being able to organize EVERYTHING! Even though it doesn't stay that way long.
The worst part is not being able to find ANYTHING right when you need it. And the amount of boxes can become so overwhelming.
Good luck with the unpacking process!
Congrats on the closing. I am so glad that you were able to close and there was no more drama (relatively speaking).
I just am not a huge fan of packing. I don;t like having boes in varios states all over the place. Then when you do move, living in a stte of chaos. I like to be organized as soon as I settle in.
The idea of a move stresses me out.
HOORAY! Big time congrats.
I can't even think and or talk about moving without getting stress hives.
Post a Comment