Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.13.2010

Closing a chapter

This weekend, CP and I will be closing a chapter in our lives. We will make the permanent move into our NEW HOUSE, leaving the rental house in MA behind. This is pretty significant. We have only spent two years there, but it was the first place that we moved into together. That was OURS.

We also have had quite a few things happen while living there:

*I started my first job out of law school. A job that I started with so much optimism and in the past two years, have grown to dislike because I am so bored.

*CP and I got engaged.

*I PASSED THE BAR! How funny that I said that I would never take that test again…and yet CP and I have been discussing whether I should take the CT bar this winter. *sigh*

*I turned 30 and 31.

*I lost weight. I gained weight. I lost weight. I gained weight. I’m working on losing weight yet again. *sigh* (too many posts to link)

*I had the opportunity to be on “Say Yes to the Dress” and promptly said NO.

*CP and I went to Cancun, Mexico with my family.

*CP and I got certified to be scuba divers in anticipation for our honeymoon.

*I spent three months in DC for work, having fun with friends while poor CP was stuck in MA.

*We planned our wedding in the mountains of New Hampshire (again, too many posts to link).

*I had a really fun bachelorette party after having a mental breakdown regarding CP’s bachelor party.

*After our amazing wedding, CP and I went to South Africa and Mozambique for our honeymoon. (that link is the first of a few posts)

*We entertained the thought of moving to Denver, CO, but despite all of the great interviews, we couldn’t make it work.

*We decided to limit our intake of processed foods and haven’t looked back since.

*We planted our first garden!

*We decided to try for a baby. Hopefully that decision will pan out soon!

*We decided to move down to CT, with our focus on starting a family.

I can’t wait to see what we have in store for the two of us (maybe more?) in our new house!

8 comments:

justme said...

whew! you guys did a LOT of big events in that time. so glad that you are moving forward and are ready to make some more memorable events happen!

Pearl said...

THat's a lot of change -- and a lot of happy change!

Pearl

Amy Jo said...

Good luck with the move this weekend! Be sure to make time for some rest and relaxation as your body is going to need it.

Meg said...

That's a lot in just two years! Congrats on the new place :) I bet it feels wonderful to be heading home!

Ginger said...

Here's to as many new adventures in the new place as in the old!

Jess said...

It's been a big couple of years! Hopefully the new house will bring you even more exciting moments and memories. (BABY!)

funderson said...

ADVENTURE!

@JessEsco said...

Taking the bar was honestly worse than having a baby. It really was.

Also, South Africa?! Awesome!