Yesterday was our consult with our new RE. We had a couple of hiccups- the doctor ran an
hour late because of a patient emergency (the nurse called us ahead of time so
that we didn’t sit in the waiting room the whole time), the office never
received my new patient forms so we had to fill out all 10 pages again, and my previous
office in CT never sent over my records, despite the fact that I contacted them
months ago about doing so.
Despite the hiccups, the visit went well. I did some homework prior to the appointment
and found out that I may be eligible
for a health insurance through my job that would cover IVF and fertility
drugs. I probably don’t need to tell you
that THIS WOULD BE HUGE. Like SAVING
SH*T TONS OF MONEY huge. I am
crossing EVERYTHING right now that I will be eligible (I should know in about a
month). If I am able to sign up for this
insurance, it wouldn’t kick in until January 1st.
With that January 1st date in mind, we discussed
an IVF timeline. I know that CP is
chomping at the bit to get going on IVF treatments, but we have three months
left in the year and that’s it.
My current insurance is diagnostic only. Tomorrow I will go in for baseline bloodwork
and the oh-so fun dildo vaginal ultrasound to make sure that my fibroid
hasn’t come back (it has been almost a year since my surgery). Next month I will have a saline ultrasound to
make sure that everything is good to go with the first round of IVF. I will also start birth control pills. Ahhh the irony of taking birth control pills
while infertile…..but they do have a purpose- to shut down my ovaries. I guess the reason for this is so that all of
the follicles (when stimulated with drugs) will ripen at approximately the same
time.
Meanwhile, I have to run to the drug store today to grab CP
some vitamins that the clinic suggests:
200 mg of Coenzyme Q10, 500 mg of L-Carnitine, and 500 mg of
Acetyl-L-Carnitine. He’s not great about
taking his multivitamin so I’m going to have to keep on him to take all of
these too!
A plan! Hope! Moving forward! Yay!
6 comments:
Having a plan is awesome. Having insurance coverage is equally awesome. Yay!
Such a great plan! I always feel do much better when the next steps are figured out. Crossing my fingers like crazy that things with insurance coverage work out!!
Omygoodness! I hope the insurance comes through. I was so angry on your behalf when your husband's plan didn't include IF. Either way, a plan is fabulous!
Yay for a good meeting! And fingers crossed for the insurance.
My husband wasn't/isn't so good about taking vitamins regularly either, but when the bottles are in plain sight (kitchen counter?) and for a good cause, he was better at taking them. I hope it will be the same for your hubby.
having the plan is the first step! Good luck.
SUPER EXCITING!! The time will be hear before you know it and this will give you plenty of time to vitamin up! I think CoQ10 helped with my egg quality a lot.
Here's to hoping that your new insurance covers it! That would be amazing!
Post a Comment