Thanks for all of your kind comments yesterday- I'm not going to lie. It was a rough day. I'm not a huge crier, but I had spurts of tears throughout the day. After getting my hopes up on Monday about the start of IVF treatment soon, I felt so frustrated that we have another obstacle in our way.
Actually, it turns out that there are TWO obstacles. F*CKING fibroidS.
The good news is that they are smaller than the baseball-sized fibroid I had last year. My bloodwork came back completely normal, the doctor said that my ovaries look great, and my lining thickness also looks good (yay for some good news!).
I have nothing to do this month other than wait for my period to come. On Day 1 I will call the doctor's office and I'll go in for bloodwork and another ultrasound. If the fibroids are still in my uterus, then I will have to have them removed. The good news (or at least better than expected news) on that front is that I won't have to have the extensive surgery like last time. The doctor can remove these guys (assuming they don't get huge in the next month) transvaginally, which means I will only be out of work for a day instead of the week like last time. At this point I'm not sure if it will affect timing of IVF or push it back.
My nurse is out today, but I will be calling her tomorrow to see if we can schedule the surgery now. I understand if they want to do another ultrasound next month before getting me into surgery because there is a slight possibility that the fibroids could pass naturally, but I'm not holding out hope for that. I can't imagine that right after surgery the doctor is going to allow me to jump into IVF treatments, so I want to have the surgery as soon as possible so that we are cleared for IVF come January.
CP posted a cute anniversary note to me yesterday morning on Facebook. He's not one for public declarations of love on FB, but he must have known after my text to him about finding a new fibroid that I needed something to make me smile. Because this isn't stuff he does all the time it meant the world to me (and made me cry happy, loving tears).
Last night I was supposed to go to my first RESOLVE meeting. No doubt I would have ended up in tears if I started talking about what was going on with me. It was probably for the best that the meeting was cancelled because of poor attendance and the facilitator had the flu. Hopefully it meets next month.
I'm trying to stay positive despite the obstacles....and also think fibroid-passing thoughts.
8 comments:
Well, it is utterly shitty, but at least it will not be a major op and put you totally out of action. Thinking of you and sending hugs.
Booooo. This all just sucks, but at least you don't have to have the major surgery (that seems like a weak silver lining..)
Hope is not lost, it is good that your doctor is going to keep a eye out for your entire health. I hope that you pass it or get it removed.
Uggg. I am so sorry. I am glad to hear that it is not as bad as it could be and set you waaaay back, but still. So sorry that this had to come back!
Your day yesterday sounded so crappy:( I'm glad there were some happy anniversary-related tears in there as well, even though you had to be apart.
How frustrating - just when you think things might start looking up .... I'm glad to read that it will be a less-invasive surgery though, and fingers crossed that everything will still be a go for January. I'm glad too that CP found a way to make you smile :)
Damn obstacles suck. Others not in the IF crap world don't get how pushing back treatment is so hard to handle. It sucks...i hope time flies for you.
I am sending all the happy thoughts your way and I'm sorry that this is happening. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't interrupt your IVF plans too much!
Post a Comment