- Last week I spoke to the nurse at my RE's office about the new fibroids. CP and I thought that it might be best to just schedule the surgery now so that I have time to heal before starting IVF in January. The doctor pushed back on rushing into surgery because if the fibroids are still there at my next ultrasound and she has to remove them, I would only be sidelined for 2-3 weeks, thus not affecting the January start date. (woo hoo!) Right now I will have another ultrasound in Nov after my next period, a saline ultrasound on Nov 19th, and the nurse added me to the surgery list on Nov 27th. I will have to take the day off of work, but can work the next day. I'm happy to hear that the surgery won't sideline me for a long time and that the new fibroids won't affect our plan for January.
- I'm a little annoyed at CP today for two reasons- both of them infertility related. First, CP and I were driving in the car last night and I told him that I would be meeting someone from an infertility support group tonight for drinks. He immediately started to laugh (as I expected). (The RESOLVE meeting was cancelled last week because the facilitator was sick, but I think that she felt bad so she offered to go for drinks or coffee with me this week. I thought, why not? So I agreed to meet her tonight.) CP asked what mental anguish I was going through from infertility as to need a support group. I explained that it would be nice to have someone that I could talk to in person about issues/emotions/etc surrounding infertility. He thought that I should be able to talk to our doctor or nurse about it; I told him that they may not have been infertile themselves so how would they be helpful? I told him that I didn't see any harm in meeting this woman or possibly attending a group. If I don't like it I never have to go back again. But what is an hour or two of my time once a month? I think that he still thinks that it is silly, but frankly I don't care.
- The second story also happened last night. When we went to see our RE, she put CP on a bunch of vitamins that should help his sperm for IVF. He has to take three pills two times a day and then a multivitamin once a day. I guess the pills give him some heartburn at night so he started complaining about them last night. I got him some water and was shocked to hear him say "if this keeps happening I'm not taking them anymore." Really???!? A little heartburn? After I went through an invasive surgery, invasive tests, a dildo probe every time I head to the doctor, AND I will probably have to have another surgery?? And you are complaining about HEARTBURN?!??! Give me a break. Men are such pansies sometimes.
Motto
“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox
10.11.2012
Annoyed
I have a couple of things on my mind today....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh no! Yes I would be really annoyed at my hubby for both those things. Especially the pills! Seriously?! Tell him he should inject them every day and see how that is instead! ;)
And you did not toss something at your husband's head after those comments? I'm proud of your self-control. I attend a resolve support group monthly and find myself looking forward to each meeting - it is just so freaking nice to be in a room full of women also struggling. We even had one of the couples over for dinner a few weeks ago. I very much hope you have a good experience with your group, too!
Yeesh... that's kind of insensitive of him, re: the Resolve meeting. I think you should take any steps you feel are necessary to get through this because it's so important to try and keep your head together. If you don't, then he'll suffer too! For the heartburn thing -- that's hilarious. You should watch this bit about "man colds": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ&noredirect=1
Anonymous- Great video!
I'd give CP a big tub of TUMS and remind him how awful heartburn really is by telling him everything you laid out here.
That is super annoying. I'm sure his responses are coming from a complex place but for you to have to be the recipient of said responses, well, ANNOYING.
And I have had waaaaaay too many incidents of my husband not "getting it" when it comes to what I went through versus what he went through (specifically I'm thinking of how trying it was to experience raging morning sickness while he would complain about how hard it was for me to not be myself during that time...GAAAAAAH).
Did you see Swistle's recent post about mancolds/the loophole? might want to check that out :)
Typical "male" behavior!! You need to remind him that you will probably suffer severe heartburn when you are pregnant and you don't have the option to just stop taking some pills. Oh...and you get the lovely opportunity of pushing a human out of your who-who.
I'm glad that you are meeting with a support group. There is nothing better than talking with a bunch of women who just "get it".
Have a great weekend and tell CP that if he doesn't straighten up he's going to have a league of women from the internets after him...LOL!
My husband had the same reaction when I told him about going to the Resolve meeting. Might might of even used to term "those crazy infertile women". Let's just say that after I got done, he won't be making that mistake again. I just don't think men understand how insanely invested we are with this: mind, body and, soul.
I think that the men in our lives don't understand the emotional, physical and mental investment that those dealing with IF and working towards a successful course of treatment.
It can be frustrating!
And this is why women are tasked with giving birth because are men are such whiny babies that had they been tasked with childbirth, the human race would have been extinct long ago.
Post a Comment