It’s Monday and all I’m feeling are bullets today.
- I keep checking CNN for updates on Hurricane Sandy. I hope family, friends, and bloggers out east are doing okay! As some of you remember, we were without power for 13 days last year in CT due to HurricaneIrene and the freak October snowstorm (also no power after major surgery? FUN!) so unfortunately, I know what everyone is going to deal with in the coming days. Stay safe!!
- Today is my second day back on birth control. Is that why I have a headache? I’m on what I think is a generic for Ortho Tricyclen- it looks exactly like the pills I took for 14 years. I’m just hoping that the pills don’t make me crazy like a different generic did back in law school for two months. My head was seriously on a swivel, complete with crazy eyes and ridonkulous mood swings (example: I yelled at Fuzzy Britches for not peeing fast enough). And let’s not get into the conversation of how ridonkulous it is to have an infertile on birth control. In my case, my next period is scheduled to show up right around the time of my latest surgery and the surgery can’t happen if I am bleeding. So two months of birth control and no periods is what is in store for me. CP and I can FINALLY not worry about me getting pregnant from unprotected sex. HA!
- Speaking of birth control, I thought that birth control was now covered under the Health Care Law...but yet I went to the pharmacy and had to pay $47 for two months of the pill? Maybe our current insurance is one of the ones that renews January 1st and will be covering the pill starting in 2013. Just my luck. I asked the pharmacist about it and SHE HAD NO IDEA THAT BIRTH CONTROL WAS COVERED UNDER HCA. SERIOUSLY? This is is huge law that effects your JOB. Read a newspaper once in a while.
- I forgot to mention the other thing that happened at my appointment last Friday. The tv in the waiting room was turned on to some show called “The Chew.” They were having a segment on which costume was cuter, showing a baby and a puppy alongside each other. With five other couples in the room, I swear I could feel everyone in the room tense up because they were showing adorable babies in costumes and the room was filled with infertiles. Talk about a poor choice of programming at an RE’s office…..
- I’m ready for Halloween to be over. First it gets Halloween candy out of our house. I had to buy a bunch of bags because according to our neighbors, we are going to have A TON of kids stop by on Wednesday. CP opened the Twix bag for a treat last night and I’m hoping to have the willpower to not eat anything…. Second, Buster is frightened of all of the Halloween decorations in people’s yards. Poor buddy.
- This week we have a tile person coming to the house to start on a couple of projects: re-do the downstairs bathroom, tile the backsplash in the kitchen, and tile a small entry-way area. Originally CP and I thought that we would do it, but it all comes down to time and money. CP is going to be traveling a whole lot in the next two months and I certainly have no idea how to do tile on my own. The person that we have hired has done work for my parents and gave us quite a discount so we are getting all of the projects done (labor + materials) for the same price as I was quoted for the labor and materials for just the kitchen backsplash by someone else!! It’s going to be well worth it (and don’t worry- I will be sure to post before and after pictures!). I CAN’T WAIT.
- I saved the best bullet for last. I just checked with our HR person and the one plan that offers IVF coverage IS on the list of health plans that is available in 2013 and I am eligible for it. WOO HOO! I will probably have co-pays and some other expenses but IVF AND fertility drugs are COVERED under the plan. I'm sure that you guys can only imagine how relieved I am. Happy day, happy day. :-)
12 comments:
Amazing news about your IVF being covered! I can't imagine what a relief that must be.
Hope your body adjusts to the birth control and you don't go crazy :-)
YAY!!!! I'm so glad to hear about your insurance coverage! Hopefully that helps to make up for all the other BS.
Great news that your IF treatments will be covered in 2013, it will be a huge relief!
Gope that the BCPs side effects are not as bad as they could be.
Coverage! Hooray!
You are SO lucky your IVF will be covered, one less thing to stress out about! YAY.
OMG! I'm so excited for you! I love it when bloggers are insured for IVF/IUIs. Good stuff!
That's awesome that you'll be covered! That more than makes up for your crazy bullet points ;)
Hang in there on the BCP.
I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that you will be covered in 2013! I imagine you have too.
And seriously...how can a pharmacist not be aware of ALL changes in health care coverage? That really gets under my skin
I tried to watch the weather channel last night for updates on Sandy, but it was too sad to see. I can't imagine what it would be like to go through something like that.
Happy Tuesday...stay warm. It is cold, rainy and windy here in west Michigan today.
Oh my gosh, that is amazing. I can't imagine having IVF covered- it's like winning the lotto! Congrats!
omg you are hysterical and I loveeee the bullets. also CONGRATS ON THE COVERAGE!!!!!! Please send that juju this way to California! Seriously! How do WE not mandate IF coverage?!? Anyway, that's great news and such a reflief to you, I bet.
That last bullet makes me so happy for you. Awesome awesome news lady! P.S. We opened a candy bag last night and I am struggling big time not to eat any. Hope you are doing better! :)
So excited it's covered!!! Woo hoo!!
Post a Comment