All of the Good from Easter weekend:
*CP worked really hard Friday and Saturday to finish painting both our bedroom and the first floor bathroom (even though we use low VOC paint we decided that I should stay out of the room). We now need to clean up the floors, hang our new blinds, put up the custom shelves for our closet, and move our furniture back into the room. I can't wait!! (Hopefully I can post some before & after pictures soon.)
*Saturday night I finally met my good high school friend's wife and he finally met CP. We had a fun night out- I wish that he still lived in the Chicago area.
*CP made a delicious Easter dinner of ham, spring pea soup, an asparagus/lima bean dish, and a spinach/potato souffle. I made rolls (but forgot to add salt- whoops!) while my mom made a limoncello trifle and my sister made a yellow cake shaped like a bunny. It was all delicious (I couldn't eat the trifle because it had raw eggs in it).
*Fuzzy Britches and Busters' "cousin" came with my sister and her boyfriend so Buster had some much-needed play time/rough housing last night.
*Beautiful weather this weekend. In the high 50s both days and sunny. I took Buster on a 2.3 mile walk on Saturday and it was glorious. I can't wait until it continues to get nicer out!
*My daffodils, tulips, crocuses, and hyacinths bulbs that I planted last fall are finally starting to pop up through the mulch. I can't wait to see them- that's when spring is really in full swing!
All of the Bad from Easter weekend:
*Right before CP and I were about to put up the new mirror in the downstairs bathroom, I dropped it and it broke. Now we have to go buy a new one because we have already drilled the holes for the mirror and don't want to ruin the nice new walls!
*My parents have a timeshare and often can't use the points so CP and I get to take fabulous trips. It's how we have been able to travel to Hawaii, Cancun, the Bahamas, and ski in Colorado. I truly thought that our IVF cycle wasn't going to work so before we started it we put in a request to go to Ecuador. As you guys know, CP has been traveling around the world for work and because his company flies him on business class, we already have two free flights to go anywhere in the world except for Australia/New Zealand. So between the free hotel and free flights we were looking at a really inexpensive vacation. Unfortunately, we were still on the waiting list, then found out about the pregnancy, so we decided to withdraw the request. Hopefully we get to head down there soon....for now it just won't work.
*We have been trying to sell our condo out west for 2.5 months now. It's extremely frustrating that we haven't had any offers yet. I really am loathe to rent it out again but it may come to that. *sigh* We were hoping to use the proceeds on our house here- like for windows or siding. :-(
*Speaking of our house, we are fairly certain that we have a dead animal in one of our air ducts. The smell started on Friday while I was working from home and I thought it was burnt hair or something. We opened doors and windows and asked my parents what they thought it was....yep, dead animal. Unfortunately the duct cleaner company can't come to our house until Weds and the temperature has dropped back down to 40 so no open windows. :-( I guess I'm going to have to burn a scented candle!
How was your weekend?
8 comments:
It definitely sounds like a great Easter overall. Your dinner sounded yummy!
Sorry about the mirror though.
Wait, why can't you travel? Do it now!!! Traveling once baby comes is super difficult and definitely not the same :)
Overall it sounds like things are going pretty well, my friend. Thank the stars for that "warm" weather, right? It came just when I was feeling like I couldn't possibly take another day of winter.
And, no freaking way about Ecuador. We're going to Ecuador in May (whether I'm pregnant or not)!!!! I had an appointment at a travel clinic today to talk about the possibility of being pregnant while we travel. And we are booking tickets tonight, actually. I was going to post about (possibly) pregnant travel really soon.
Dinner sounds yummy! I am happy you posted, I have been thinking of you!
Best reason ever to cancel a trip. But couldn't it be a babymoon?
also, looking forward to some before and after bedroom pics :)
Yuck, bummer on the animal! But seriously, take a trip. I traveled for 3 months while I was pregnant. I was flying at least 2-3 days a week for law school. My last trip I was 7 months I think.
Dude. My second post on my blog discussed a dead animal that died under our house and how awful it was in light of the pregnancy-induced super nose. OMG. I hope it is a small animal that decays quickly. Blargh.
Glad you had a happy Easter. Sounds like you are getting lots done around your house. Sorry about the broken mirror and dead animal though!
Post a Comment