Last weekend one of our only friends outside our parents to know about our pregnancy (we told them because they knew all about the IVF cycle and we see them so often that me not drinking every time we see them would have tipped them off anyway) gave me the sweetest present.
She said that she wore it throughout her pregnancy with twins and gave it to another friend for her successful pregnancy. She wanted to have me wear it throughout my pregnancy for good luck.
The four "charms" on the necklace symbolize the following (according to a piece of paper tucked into the pouch with the necklace):
Moonstone- aids receptivity, and will help to prepare the mother-to-be to welcome a new life into her body, and the new phase of life that comes with conception. It is an overall promoter of female reproductive health.
Fresh water pearl- enhances your personal power, pearls aid self-confidence and represent the power of giving life.
Turtle- a powerful symbol of both fertility and protection. A sea turle lays anywhere from 50-150 eggs at a time, our hope is that she may bestow her fruitfulness on the wearer! In Native American culture the turtle represents strength, patience, and the power to endure and persevere.
What a thoughtful gift. I truly hope that with the necklace in my possession, everything will go well with this pregnancy (including my final ultrasound with my RE tomorrow).

8 comments:
We both have US tomorrow! Yours is far more exciting though! I am looking forward to hearing about it! I love that necklace. I need to get myself a turtle! 50 eggs! Yes please! ;-) I will be wearing your sock tomorrow!
What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I love the significance of the stones and the little explanation that comes with each. May it bring you much good fortune for your u/s and throughout this pregnancy!
What a beautiful and meaningful gift! And what a great friend you got there!
Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow and throughout your entire pregnancy!
I love this! I have been wearing a tiny bumblebee necklace since I found out I was pregnant. Havent taken it off once! I feel a little crazy believing in tallismans, but also feel comforted by the necklace. For me, bees were a symbol of pollination and flowers in bloom. Your necklace is a beautiful gesture!
what a beautiful gift:)
This is so beautiful!! I absolutely love it :)
Funny, my friend just gave me a moonstone to hang in my car. She said it was for "safety" but also good for motherhood and family. Now I know even more about it :)
Oops. Scratch that. I mean, she gave me a rose quartz. Ha.
This is such a nice and thoughtful gift. I love things like that with so much meaning! That was super nice of your friend. Makes me want to go find something similar.
Post a Comment