Motto
“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox
12.07.2015
Microblog Mondays: Flashbacks
The past few days I have been in locations that made me flashback to my two previous pregnancies. On Friday afternoon, I picked Izzy up from daycare early to take her to her 2 year appointment. I realized that one of the last times we were there and with her doctor (15 month appt) is when I got a call from the nurse telling me that my FET pregnancy was not viable. It was not a great memory, but I did have to remind myself that I wouldn't be getting any calls from the nurse while I was in this appointment.
On Saturday night we had a delicious dinner at a Thai restaurant with friends and then went out to Second City. I recognized two women in the cast as cast members that we saw last time we came- which was when I was pregnant early on with Izzy and worried about the SCH. In stark difference to the flashback at the doctor's office, this was a nicer flashback to think about....obviously because it resulted in a successful pregnancy. We didn't tell our friends this weekend that I am pregnant, so it also resulted in a cute eyebrow wiggle from CP when recalling that memory because here we are in early pregnancy once again!
Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm happy you had a pleasant memory to balance out the not-so-pleasant one.
Flashbacks can be hard, particularly when you find yourself in a similar circumstance. Today you are pregnant. May Friday yield very happy news.
Love the cute eyebrow wiggle, and hope it will bring another pleasant pregnancy flashback in the future! Sorry you had to go through the not so pleasant memory at the doctor's office though.
Glad there were good memories mixed in with the bad.
Post a Comment