In a few hours I have an interview with a nonprofit that I would absolutely LOVE to work for. It’s kind of funny that I even got the interview. The job notice was posted in mid June; I didn’t see it and apply for it until mid July. The posting had already been removed from their website, so I sent in my resume and cover letter to the Executive Director. I didn’t hear back from them so I figured that they had already filled the position.
On Monday I received an email from the nonprofit asking me if I would be available for a brief phone interview this week. This was the ONE cover letter and resume I sent out before I got the news of my fibroid surgery so it’s pretty amazing that I got a call back. So send good thoughts at 2pm today!!
The only potential problem with this job? I don’t think that it is going to pay enough. I am going to reserve judgment until I hear straight from the nonprofit, but if the salary is not close to what I am being paid now I won’t be able to take the job even if sounded like the best job in the entire world. Between our mortgage payment, the braces, two upcoming surgeries and out of pocket costs for IUI(s) next year, I need to maintain my salary level. Also, our renters out west are moving out at the end of September so we are currently trying to figure out whether to sell the place or rent it out again. Either way there is probably going to be at least a month where we will have to float two mortgages.
So yeah, while I am excited about the phone interview, I am trying not to get too excited because if I to make it through to the next round, my bet is that I won’t be able to take the job if offered it. *sigh*
4 comments:
sending you good thoughts for the interview! if nothing else, i always think any interview experience is good to have under your belt. maybe it'll surprise you in a good way! good luck!
What a great silver lining, good luck!
Ooh, good thoughts to you (and good pay range thoughts too!). If nothing else, interviewing is always a good thing to practice, but hopefully it'll be more than just practice!
I hope it went well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment