Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.15.2011

Monday bullets

*My interview on Friday was going well…..until they informed me that it was only a part time job. Hmmm. I didn’t see that anywhere on the job details and all of my job searches had been for full time employment. I found this out about 10 minutes into the interview and we hung up shortly after that because there was no use in continuing the conversation. Oh well.

*Friday night I went to see OAR with a friend. It was my first time seeing them and it ended up being a really fun concert.

*Saturday CP went over to a friend’s house at 7am to help smoke pork and drink Bloody Mary’s (crazy men and their meat). Meanwhile I went to a yoga class, took the dogs for a long walk and cleaned the house. That night we headed over to the same friend’s house for the delicious pork dinner and drinks. We never mean to stay late/drink a lot at their house but it always seems to happen…..

*Sunday we didn’t have anything planned for the day because it poured rain all day, but we ended up being very productive. We went to the mall to get outfits for my father-in-law's upcoming wedding. I bought the dress below which isn’t usually something that I would wear but I thought that it would be a great dress for a HOT HOT HOT wedding in Palm Springs and hopefully the wedding in Denver the following weekend (meaning I only have to pack one dress for both weddings).


What color shoes do you think would work with this dress? (NOT purple)



*CP and I also got busy cooking and baking. CP put a beef roast (our last roast from our beef CSA last year) on the rotisserie in his grill with some salt and pepper and later made a chimichurri sauce- delicious. We also used cherry tomatoes and basil from our garden, pairing it with fresh mozzarella for an amazing salad. Meanwhile I made two loaves of banana bread, two loaves of sandwich bread and chicken salad using herbs from our garden so that we would have lunch for this week. Whew!

What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

Tia said...

Bummer about the job :( However, if that happens again I'd continue with the interview. If they really like you, they might be able to find more FTE (it has happened to me!).

That dress is CUTE! I'd go with gold or nude sandals or heels.

justme said...

Dress is adorable!! I can't tell, but I think I'd wear gold metallic with it. When are you coming to Denver?

terra said...

That sucks about the job.

We've got friends who we always seem to stay out too late with - it's inevitable. We'll set a time to leave and then it comes and we just keep having fun. I guess it's a good thing. But sometimes the hangovers don't feel too good the next day...

@JessEsco said...

Sounds like a great weekend, besides the dumb job thing. I like nude shoes!