Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.09.2011

Weekend in bullets

*Friday night was spent at a friend’s new house. We drank entirely too much, stayed up too late and I came home with about 5 million mosquito bites (give or take a few), but it was a fun night.

*I woke up early Saturday morning with a headache and achy body from the alcohol. I dragged myself out of bed, dressed and picked up my friend. She was feeling equally crappy. We headed down to the center of our town for 1.5 hours of power yoga in the street to celebrate the opening of a Lululemon store. About 200 people set down mats on the pavement while random people took pictures and watched from the sidewalk. Every time the teacher made me close my eyes the world started to spin. Surprisingly, I made it through the class and actually felt better. Yoga really does some amazing stuff!

*Saturday CP and I took his car to Carmax, hoping to sell it for a good price. Kelly Blue Book said we could get $11,000+ from a private sale and $9,000+ for a dealer trade-in. They ended up offering us $6,500 despite nothing wrong with the car. Needless to say, an ad went up on Craigslist that day. Hopefully we can sell it soon!

*I took the dogs to the river again. Buster played with his favorite puppy friend and Koda took other dog’s toys. They were both exhausted after the trip.

*CP and I watched The Kids are Alright on Saturday night and were once again disappointed at a movie that everyone raved about. I think that this is why I don’t see a lot of movies these days- they just aren’t that good.

*Sunday was a day spent making food. We made 5 pounds of Kefta Beef Fingers (a Lebanese dish) and 16 large Natchitoches Meat Pies (kind of like Cajun empanadas). Thank goodness for our freezer downstairs as we now have a bunch of food stored for easy dinners the next couple of months!

*This weekend we signed up for the CSA beef share again. 20 pounds a month of grass fed organic beef for six months. We are still trying to finish the beef that we have left in the freezer from last year’s CSA- we have until November! All of that beef will come in handy while I am on Lupron as the doctor said that you can became anemic on the medication.

How was your weekend?

No comments: